How to Turn Off Closed Captions on Disney Plus. Like captions for all the leading streaming services, Subtitles on Disney Plus are helpful translation tools for people who struggle with hearing problems or have difficulty understanding foreign accents.
However, native English speakers who tend to stay away from international shows and movies probably don’t see the need to enable captions often. Below, we summarise how to turn off closed captions on Disney Plus.
How to Turn Off Closed Captions on Disney Plus
While it’s nice that Disney wants to help you understand everything that’s going on in your favorite shows or movies, having an option is better. If you suddenly find that you can’t remove the closed captioning on Disney+, this guide can help, regardless of which device you’re using.
How to turn off Closed Caption on Disney Plus on PC or Mac?
First, are you streaming the latest content on your laptop or desktop computer? Turning off closed captions on Disney Plus is easy with a few clicks.
- When you’re watching your show, find the Menu option at the top right corner of the display. The Menu button is a white square with black lines on it.
- The Audio & Subtitles menu will open.
- The available audio or subtitle options will pop up. Select the Off preference under Subtitles.
- Click the white “<” symbol to close the menu.
How to Turn Off Closed Captions on Disney Plus on Android
Next, we all know that watching Disney Plus’s enormous catalog on a high-end Android device is a satisfying experience. Here’s how to disable closed captions:
- Open the Disney Plus app.
- Choose a show or movie.
- Pick the menu on the left.
- If the menu is absent, try tapping the screen first to trigger it.
- Look for “Audio and Subtitles” and tap on it.
- Press the off button to deactivate the setting.
- Tap “Exit” or the “X” button and continue watching.
How to Turn off Closed Caption on Disney Plus on iPhone and iPad?
Subtitles on Disney Plus are easy to disable when using the streaming service on your Apple device. Follow these steps to turn off closed captions on the Disney Plus app.
- Launch Disney Plus on your iOS device.
- Choose a show or movie to view.
- Tap your screen.
- Hit the menu button at the rightmost edge of the display.
- Choose “Audio and Subtitles.”
- Select “off” on the subtitles option.
- Tap the “Exit” button to continue viewing your program
How To Turn Off Closed Captions on Disney Plus on Google Chromecast
- While your Disney title is playing, tap the mouse on your screen.
- Click the menu icon that appears.
- Select the off option under Subtitle when the preferred audio or subtitle options pop up.
- Tap OK or the X icon to continue Disney Plus streaming.
How to Turn off Closed Caption on Disney Plus on Roku?
- Go to the Roku homepage
- Go to settings
- Select accessibility under the settings drop-down list. You should see caption mode, caption preferred language and caption style.
- Choose to turn on or off captions on Disney Plus Roku. There are three options: off, on always, and on replay.
- Choose your preferred subtitle language and style. Then choose a Disney Plus movie or show to play with or without subtitles or closed captioning.
The steps vary depending on the different Roku devices. On a newer Roku device, you can turn off Disney Plus subtitles when the title is playing. Press Up or Down on your remote, choose Audio & Subtitles, and choose the Off option to turn off subtitles or closed captions for Disney Plus on Roku.
How to Turn off Closed Caption on Disney Plus on Amazon Fire TV?
Amazon Fire TV provides a seamless way to enjoy your favourite subscriptions and streaming services. Complete these steps to turn off closed captions on Disney Plus.
- While your show or movie is playing, click on your remote.
- A menu icon should appear. When it does, select it.
- Your preferred audio or subtitle options will pop up. Select the Off option under Subtitles.
- Click the back button on your remote to close the menu.
How to Turn off Closed Caption on Disney Plus on Apple TV?
- Open the Apple TV app.
- Head to settings.
- Select Accessibility
- Select subtitles and captioning.
- Turn closed captions and SDH on or off.
To turn on closed captions on or off during Disney Plus playback on Apple TV,
- On the smart TV or Apple TV remote, press the down button to go to the subtitles pane.
- Choose to turn on closed captioning under Subtitles Settings.
You can also customize subtitles and caption styles on Apple TV for Disney Plus titles.
- Open the Apple TV app setting
- Go to Accessibility
- Select Subtitles and Captioning
- Select Style
- Now set the subtitles and captions font, size, color, text edge style, highlight, and more according to your preference.
How to Turn off Closed Caption on Disney Plus on PlayStation 4/PlayStation 5?
Most people don’t usually use the streaming services on their PlayStation consoles. However, if you do, you can also learn how to turn off subtitles on Disney Plus there. The steps and controls will be a bit different and slightly more difficult compared to other platforms.
This is because you don’t have a handy remote you can use like on streaming sticks or smart TVs. Nonetheless, you can achieve the same results albeit through slightly different methods. With that said, here’s how to turn off subtitles on Disney Plus on the PS4/PS5:
- Load Disney Plus
- Turn on any show or movie you desire
- Press the down button on the controller
- Choose the “Dialogue” icon
- Look for the “Audio and Subtitle” option
- Hit “off” in the “Subtitles” area
- Press the exit button to continue the movie or show
How to Turn off Closed Caption on Disney Plus on Xbox One?
Disney Plus is also available on Xbox consoles. This includes the Xbox One and Series X and S models. Likewise, learning how to turn off subtitles on Disney Plus on these platforms is also possible. The controls will be slightly harder than they are on a regular streaming device. Nonetheless, it’s fairly simple to do if you stick to the directions below:
- Launch Disney Plus.
- Open any show or movie.
- Press the “Down” button on the controller.
- Go to “All Settings.”
- Choose the “Dialogue” or “Ease of Access” option.
- Navigate to the “Audio and Subtitle” menu.
- Look for the “Subtitles” section and click Off.”
- Press “Exit” and continue watching.
Why do subtitles keep coming on Disney Plus?
Subtitles are available on Disney Plus for those who want or prefer to watch international movies and shows. It is also one way for Disney Plus to cater to the language barrier and bridge the gap between the movies or shows and the viewers.
Why can’t I turn off subtitles on Disney Plus?
If the subtitles in your Disney Plus app keep turning back on, you should proceed to go and check your device’s “Settings. Check your “Saved Preferences and make sure you turned the subtitles permanently off.
How do I change the subtitle size on Disney Plus?
If you want to customize the subtitle appearance on your device, you can go to “Settings. You can also follow the indicated steps below to change it.
- Go and open the application’s settings.
- Select the accessibility menu and go to caption preferences.”
- Customize according to your preferred style, including the size of the subtitle you want. Save your preferences.
- Exit and check the style and size of the subtitle you want. You can then watch your favorite movies and shows with your preferred subtitle style and size.