How To Unsubscribe from Disney Plus? It’s official: Disney Plus has announced that it will be raising prices for its subscription service starting on October 12. With the ad-free version of the subscription jumping by $3 a month, you may be thinking about leaving the service altogether.
Although Disney Plus has become the only reliable source for Disney content, including the new Star Wars series Ahsoka, an increase in cost will likely result in some subscribers leaving the streaming service.
If you are somebody trying to figure out how to unsubscribe from Disney Plus, we’ve got you covered with step-by-step instructions below as well as potential alternatives. Cancelling Disney Plus is a straightforward process that varies depending on the platform you used to sign up. Whether it’s through the website, iTunes, or Google Play, you can follow the specific instructions to cancel your subscription. After cancellation, you’ll retain access until the end of the paid period.
Re-subscribing works the same way, using the original or a different platform. Remember that canceling won’t incur a fee. But refunds are not provided. Free trial cancellations should be made before the first payment to avoid charges.
How To Unsubscribe from Disney Plus?
Disney Plus has an extensive library, but accessing it is not free. The recurring monthly cost of the subscription adds up over time. In addition, Disney Plus is limited to content that Disney has streaming rights for. This may include your favorite films or television series. This frustration with finding things to watch can sometimes lead people to cancel their Disney Plus subscription.
Follow the instructions set out below to cancel your Disney Plus subscription. Please note that you have to cancel your subscription using the same platform you signed up with. In other words,
- If you have been paying for Disney Plus through iTunes, you must cancel your Disney Plus subscription through iTunes.
- If you have been paying through Google Play, you must cancel your Disney Plus subscription through Google Play.
- If you have been paying for Disney Plus directly, then you can use the Disney Plus website to cancel your subscription.
For example, even if you always watched Disney Plus using the iOS or Android app, if you subscribed directly to the Disney website, you could use the website to cancel.
How Do I unsubscribe from Disney Plus on my Desktop?
To unsubscribe from Disney through the Disney Plus website:
- First, log in to your account through your preferred web browser.
- Click on the Profile section in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Select the Account option from the dropdown menu.
- Select your subscription, which should say Disney Plus (Monthly).
- If you want, state your reason for cancellation and select Cancel Subscription.
How To Unsubscribe from Disney Plus on iOS?
If you are an iPhone user and subscribed to Disney Plus using your Apple account, you will still use the iOS device for the channel cancellation. Follow these steps to opt out of the subscription.
- On your iOS device, select the Settings app to open it.
- At the top of the screen, select the icon with your name on it.
- On the list of options that emerge, tap Subscriptions.
- Then, select Disney Plus.
- Finally, click Cancel subscription to complete the process.
If your subscription for the month has not expired, you will access the channel until the end of the month. You will not have the service the following month.
How To Unsubscribe from Disney Plus on Android?
You will use your Google Play account if you want to cancel your subscription on an Android device. Follow this simple step to unsubscribe from Disney Plus:
- Open the Google Play app store.
- Press the Menu icon (the three bars stacked on top of each other in the corner).
- Choose Subscriptions
- Tap the Disney Plus tile.
- Choose Cancel subscription.
After you have confirmed the cancellation, you will still have access to Disney Plus for the rest of the subscription period you paid for. After that, you will not be charged, and you will no longer have access.
How To Unsubscribe from Disney Plus on Amazon?
To cancel your Disney Plus subscription using your Amazon account:
- Go to the Amazon website and log in.
- Click Account & List.
- Scroll until you find Membership & Subscription.
- Select another subscription
- Locate Disney Plus and hit Cancel.
How to Unsubscribe from Disney Plus on Roku?
There are two ways to terminate your Disney Plus subscription on Roku. You can either use your Roku remote or the web app. We’ve listed both methods below:
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Navigate to Disney Plus and click the “*” (asterisk) button on your remote.
- A pop-up window should appear; click on Manage Your Subscription.
- Finally, select Cancel Subscription.
Roku Web App
- Log in to your Roku account through your preferred web browser.
- At the top right corner, click the avatar icon, and then click My Account.
- Select Manage Your Subscriptions.
- Locate Disney Plus in the list of all your subscribed channels.
- Click on Cancel subscription.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a way to get a Disney Plus subscription for free?
Not currently, but if you’re a Verizon customer, you might want to check out this Verizon Wireless deal, which offers a year of Disney Plus when you’re subscribed to their Unlimited packages.
Does Disney Plus have a cancellation fee?
No. Disney Plus does not charge a cancellation fee. You can cancel at any time for free, but you will not receive any refunds.
Can I cancel my Disney Plus subscription at any time?
Yes, you can cancel Disney Plus at any time. However, keep in mind that you will not receive a refund for canceling your subscription. Instead, you will be able to continue using Disney Plus for the rest of the subscription period. At the end of that period, you will not be charged, but you will lose access.