How to Use Remote Control on Zoom – The remote-control feature gives users access to take control of another participant’s screen in a meeting when they might have permitted you to do that. You can either request the remote control of another person or the other participants can give you control over its screen.
You might have been searching for How to Use Remote Control on Zoom, but search no more because this account gives detailed guides on how to do that.
How to Use Remote Control on Zoom
With ZOOM, you will not have to install a remote-control application to access another participant’s desktop while you are in a meeting because ZOOM has this option combined into the application version. While you are using Zoom’s remote-control screen feature, you can have full access to another user’s computer, including their computer peripherals like a keyboard and even a mouse.
How to Enable Zoom Remote Control
Before you proceed with the steps below, you have to make sure that you are authorized to use or that you have this feature on your account. You should also note that the steps are different depending on the type of account you are using, such as a group or user account. To enable or even disable the remote control on Zoom, just follow the steps below:
- First, you have to log into your Zoom website.
- Next, you have to go to Settings. It is in the navigation menu on the left side of the screen.
- Open the Meeting
- While in the Meeting tab, go to the Meeting section, and then click on the Remote Control feature toggle button.
- A dialogue box will then appear. Now you have to select Enable or Disable when prompted if you are sure about making such changes.
- You can share the clipboard during remote access. This means that you can copy and then paste the information from one machine to another. To enable, tick the Allow Remote Controlling User to Share Clipboard box. Then click on Save.
NOTE: If you are using a Mac, you must first grant ZOOM permission in your Privacy and Security preferences before proceeding with the steps above.
How to Use Remote Control on a Desktop
These are the steps that you can follow to be able to use the remote control on Zoom using the desktop mode:
How to Request Remote Control
You can request a remote control from a participant or even a host that is sharing their screen.
- Click on the View option in the drop-down menu that is located at the top of your in-meeting window. While you are viewing another participant’s screen share.
- Click on the “Request Remote Control” option, and then select “Request” to confirm.
- Select the Inside the Screen Share option to start controlling the participant’s screen.
- Click on Stop Remote Control, select the View Options drop-down menu again, and tap Give Up Remote Control to stop.
How to Give Remote Control to a Participant
While you are screen sharing, you can be able to give remote control to another participant who is in the same meeting. If the participant is an Android or iOS user, they can be able to remotely control their screen using their mobile device.
- While you are in the screen sharing, click on the remote control and then select the participant to whom you would like to give control access.
- The participant will then be notified that they can control their screen and click anywhere on the screen to start controlling.
- Click on the remote control and click on Share Clipboard for you to give the participant access to also copy text from your shared screen.
- For you to regain control, click anywhere on your screen. The other user can still restart the remote control just by clicking their screen.
NOTE: Users could also click on Remote Control again and select Stop Remote Control so they cannot regain control and the other participant cannot start the remote control again.
How to Use Remote Control on iOS or Android
A participant who is screen sharing with the Zoom desktop client can only give you access to the remote control. If you join a meeting using an iPad or Android device, then you cannot request a remote control or even give them access to one; it must be given to you.
How to Request Remote Control on Your Available or Preferred Mobile Device These are the steps that you can follow to use the remote control on Zoom using your mobile device:
- After the participant might have given you access to the remote control, tap on the Remote icon to start the remote control.
- Use these functions to control the participant’s Zoom meeting screen:
The mouse icon shows where the mouse pointer is located. Click and drag it to move the pointer.
Click once to the left and then click the mouse.
Press and hold to right-click the mouse.
Tap on the keyboard icon to enter any text.
Pinch the screen with two fingers so you can zoom in and out of the participant’s screen.
How do I remotely control Zoom?
How to request a remote control:
- While you are viewing other participants’ screen shares, click on the View options drop-down menu that is located at the top of your in-meeting window.
- Select the Request Remote Control option, and then click on the Request button to confirm.
- Click inside the screen share to start controlling the participant’s screen.
Why is the remote control not working on Zoom?
In the menu, you have to click on the Account Management
- Click on “Account Settings.”
- Select the Meeting tab.
- The next step is to verify that remote support is enabled.
- If the settings are disabled, click the toggle to enable them.
What is the Zoom button on the remote control?
You can also zoom into certain parts of the screen using Focus Zoom. Then simply press and hold the FOCUS button on your remote control. This will then show the enlarged areas and an enlarged view.
How can I control my PC from another laptop?
Use Remote Desktop to connect to the PC that you set up:
- On your local window PC
- In the search box that is on the taskbar
- Type remote Desktop Connect Connection
- Select Remote Desktop Connection
- Type the name of the laptop that you want to connect to in Remote Desktop Connection.
- And finally, click on Connect.