You can study in the United States via the Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students. This program aids in exchanging knowledge and understanding about issues of common concern in the U.S. and fellows’ (applicants) home countries. Applicants from different international countries can participate to study any of the eligible course of study for the fellowship program at the university they are placed in if selected.
There are more I will be detailing in this article for you to prepare on the application for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Student. So, you have to read more on this article so as to get the eligible requirements and how you can apply today. APPLY now before the deadline date and stand a chance of been selected for this program.
CHECK THIS OUT >>> Curtin University Master Of Management Scholarship 2020 For International Students
Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students
The Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students is for experienced professionals who have the interest in strengthening their leadership skills through a mutual exchange of knowledge and understanding about issues of common concern in the U.S. and Fellows’ home countries. Scholars of the fellowship program are situated in any of the participating USA universities. You will be automatically placed in a university to which you will study. This program brings you and mid-career professionals from different countries to the United States for a year of non-degree graduate level study, leadership development, and professional collaboration with the U.S. counterparts.
Below are some basic descriptions for the fellowship program:
- Host Country: United States of America.
- Host Institute: Humphrey Fellowship.
- Scholars to be posted to: Click the URL. https://www.humphreyfellowship.org/host-universities for Host Universities.
- Type: Undergraduate.
- Number of Award: Over 200 Fellowship awards annually.
Scholars eligible for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students will get these benefits:
- Book allowance.
- One-time computer subsidy.
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned university.
- Pre-academic English Language training if required.
- Maintenance allowance.
- Health insurance.
- Flight fees for program.
- Professional development allowance.
There are other benefits and grants accessed by the scholars of this fellowship programme.
Here are the fellowship programs for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students:
- Post Graduate.
RECOMMENDED >>> School Programs In Canada – 10 Category Of School Programs In Canada To Consider
After arriving in the U.S., Humphrey Fellows will prepare individual program plan for their professional development, detailing their goals and objectives for the year. The program components are:
- Humphrey Seminar.
- Academic Enrichment.
- Professional Development.
- The Washington Global Leadership Forum.
- English Language Courses.
- These components are to prepare and develop your understanding more on equational, country and career problem solutions.
Field of Study
There are eligible field of study available to international students for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students. Here are the eligible field of studies:
- Agricultural and Rural Development.
- Economic Development.
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy.
- Finance and Banking.
- Higher Education Administration.
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention.
- Human Resources Management.
- Law and Human Rights.
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change.
- Public Health Policy and Management.
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration.
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention.
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language.
- Technology Policy and Management.
- Trafficking in Person Policy and Prevention.
- Urban and Regional Planning.
Over 200 Fellowships are awarded annually. And the above listed course is the eligible field of study open to international applicants.
Applicants for this fellowship programme are to have/possess the below eligibility criteria for it. They eligibility criteria include:
- A minimum of five (5) years of full-time professional experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and qualities.
- English Language ability and proof.
- An undergraduate (first university) degree.
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States.
- Record of public service in the community.
Eligible Country: International applicants from these regions are eligible to apply for the fellowship program; Sub-Saharan Africa, Europe and Eurasia, Middle East and North Africa, East Asia and Pacific, South and Central Asia, and Western Hemisphere.
Get more information via the fellowship site URL https://www.humphreyfellowship.org/.
READ ALSO >>> Fairleigh Dickinson Scholarships for International Students
How to Apply
To access the Humphrey Fellowship application please contact the U.S. Embassy, Public Affairs Section or Binational Fullbright Commission in your country of residence to learn about possible program requirements. In 26 countries, the fellowship program is administered by a Binational Fullbright Commission. While for other countries, the operation of the program is charged by the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy.
To find out if your country or region are eligible to apply for the fellowship program, click on your region to find out. If your country appears on the list, then you are eligible.
- Sub-Saharan Africa – https://www.humphreyfellowship.org/sub-saharan-africa.
- Europe and Eurasia – https://www.humphreyfellowship.org/europe-and-eurasia.
- Middle East and North Africa – https://www.humphreyfellowship.org/middle-east-and-north-africa.
- East Asia and Pacific – https://www.humphreyfellowship.org/east-asia-and-pacific.
- South and Central Asia – https://www.humphreyfellowship.org/south-and-central-asia.
- Western Hemisphere – https://www.humphreyfellowship.org/western-hemisphere.
The address to the U.S. Embassy and other supporting bodies are detailed in the link under your selected country.
Contact the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy or Binational Fullbright Commission in your country for the application procedure.
After applying, fellows should be expecting the following selection process for the fellowship program:
- National Screening.
- Screening by the Institute of International Education.
- Candidate Review Committees.
- Approval by the J. William Fullbright Foreign Scholarship Board.
- Placement of the selected Humphrey Fellows.
Applicants are to submit their entries without any error before the deadline date. The deadline for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students is on the 1st of October.
OTHER ARTICLES >>> Vocational Courses in USA for International Students – What are Vocational Courses | Vocational Courses in USA