There is fun in photography as an image gives a wide description of natural existence. The Ian Parry Scholarship for Young Photographers 2020 is an international photography competition for young photographers who are either attending a photography course or are under the age of 24 years old. This is an open opportunity to win some cash prize and stand out among other great photography mentors. The scholarship programme aid to support the very best young people striving to produce powerful, meaningful photojournalism in a selfie-obsessed world. It is divided into two categories including The Sunday Times Award for Achievement and The Canon Award for Potential. Ian Parry Scholarship was developed and designed in respect and as an honour to late Ian Parry. Recipients of grants will receive an adequate amount to accomplish any kind of photography courses and many others.
Ian Parry Scholarship For Young Photographers 2020
The Ian Parry Scholarship for Young Photographers 2020 exists to find and support the very young best people who strive to produce powerful, meaningful photojournalism in a selfie-obsessed world. Ian Parry Scholarship is also supported by the generous donations from The Sunday Times, Canon Europe, The Incite Project, and Verbatim. It is a no entry fee scholarship programme held annually for young photographers.
About Ian Parry Scholarship
This year 2020 marks the 30th anniversary of the Ian Parry Scholarship. Ian Parry was a photojournalist who died while on assignment for The Sunday Times during the Romanian revolution in 1989. He is of age 24 years. Then, Aidan Sullivan the formal picture editor of Ian Parry and also Ian’s friends and family created the scholarship programme in order to build something positive from such a tragic death. The Scholarship is held annually for young photographers who are either attending a full-time photographic course or are under 24. You can click here to check more on the Ian Parry scholarship site.
The Board of Trustees for the Ian Parry Scholarship for Young Photographers 2020
Below are the listed hosts and developers for the Ian Parry Scholarship for Young Photographers. They include:
- Aidan Sullivan – Chairman and Founder.
- Rebecca McClelland – Creative Director $ Trustee.
- Harriet Logan – Trustee and former recipient.
- Sir Don McCullin – Patron and Trustee.
- Tom Stoddart – Trustee.
- Jon Jones – Trustee.
- Ruth Whittock Parry – Trustee and family member.
- John Parry – Trustee and family member.
- Charles Parry – Trustee and family member.
You can check on the Ian Parry scholarship site for more information via the link www.ianparry.org/scholarship/.
Ian Parry Scholarship for Young Photographers 2020 was created to benefits applicants in several ways. Below are some of the basic benefits of the scholarship programme. They include:
- Each winner of the scholarship is to receive a dividend of about $3,500 towards their desired project.
- Applicants are to attend a portfolio review day with the leading industry experts in London.
- Winners will be given the opportunity to take part in the Transmissions Programme at Visa Pour L’Image in Perpignan.
- Applicants’ project will be on The Sunday Times Magazine, our media sponsor.
- Winners are automatically accepted by World Press Photo into its final list of nominees for the Joop Swart Master class in Amsterdam.
- Mentorship programme offers a yearlong personal mentorship to the winners of the Canon Award for potential.
- The Canon Europe continues to support the scholarship and loans equipment to the winners.
The Ian Parry Scholarship for Young Photographers 2020 is divided into two basic categories. These categories are the programmes applicants are to be awarded winners in. the categories are listed below:
- The Sunday Times Award for Achievement.
- Canon Award for Potential.
These are the categories for the Ian Parry Scholarship for Young Photographers 2020.
The eligibility requirements for applicants who want to enter into the Ian Parry Scholarship for Young Photographers 2020 programme include:
- Any young photographers who are either attending a full-time photographic course.
- Desired applicants should be of the age 24 or below.
There is an applicants eligibility selection criteria for the Ian Parry Scholarships for Young Photographers 2020. The entry criteria for the scholarship is same and the judges will make their decisions based on the applicant’s merits of the entries. Applicants must submit a portfolio and a clear proposal of a project they want to undertake if they won the scholarship.
How To Apply
It is very easy to apply for the Ian Parry Scholarship for Young Photographers 2020. Though application for this year 2020 scholarship programme has expired, but you can check to apply when due for the next scholarship programme via the link Here. Applicants applying for this scholarship should ensure that their application documents contain the following information:
- The form includes your personal information such as applicants name, date of birth, residential address, email address, telephone number, college (if applicable), course title, and course tutor.
- Applicants are to submit alongside the application form project descriptions which include details of the portfolio you have uploaded for the application and 12 extended captions.
- A portfolio of 12 (low resolution) photographs which could be either a photo essay or individual photos.
- Then extended captions for each image as a word document.
The form submission link for the Ian Parry scholarship programme is https://theianparryscholarship.submittable.com/submit. You can check for more updates for the scholarship if you click here.
The deadline (end-date) to the Ian Parry Scholarship for Young Photographers 2020 is 5th July 2020. So application for this year scholarship programme has expired. Applicants are to always check on the Ian Parry Scholarship site for more scholarship programme.