Applications for the ICIMOD SANDEE Research Grants 2024 are open now. Concept notes in environmental and resource economics relevant to South Asia’s and the HKH region’s growth are invited by SANDEE, with an emphasis on the three aforementioned priority areas of activity. Concept notes that show a definite demand from policymakers for their supporting studies are especially noteworthy.
Application Deadline: January 8, 2024
ICIMOD SANDEE Research Grants 2024 (up to $30,000)
SANDEE, an ICIMOD research capacity and academic leadership development network, offers research support to South Asian and Hindu Kush Himalayan (HKH) researchers and institutions that are interested in the relationships between economic development, environmental sustainability, and resource utilization. For the following four years, 2023–2026, working towards a greener, more inclusive, and climate-resilient HKH by 2030 is ICIMOD’s new vision. It will primarily divide its efforts among three tactical groups:
- Lowering the dangers to the environment and climate.
- Resilient mountain landscapes and economies.
- Facilitating international and regional systems for sustainable action.
Grant for ICIMOD SANDEE Research Grants 2024
- The typical grant amount is between $20,000 and $30,000, spread over two years. The upper limit awards are focused on transboundary issues that call for an interdisciplinary team, or they are directed towards multidisciplinary teams that involve two or more nations in the region.
Eligibility for ICIMOD SANDEE
- Concept notes can be submitted by researchers located in the HKH region and from South Asia.
- Researchers with relatives employed by ICIMOD and existing consultants are not eligible to receive the research funding to prevent conflicts of interest.
- Junior to mid-career professionals working for universities, research institutes, or other comparable institutions in the area—including governmental and nonprofit organizations—must be principal investigators (PIs). The research grant and support are not available to senior researchers (professors, directors, and other positions or levels comparable to these).
- PIs must be affiliated with an institution to be eligible for research support. A support letter from the organization with which the principal investigator is affiliated is necessary for further consideration when submitting a full proposal (concept notes do not require this).
- Applications from female scholars and researchers connected to Himalayan University Consortium (HUC) member universities are encouraged.
To summarise, the ICIMOD SANDEE Research Grants 2024 are open for applications until January 8, 2024. The grants are aimed at researchers and institutions from South Asia and the Hindu Kush Himalaya (HKH) region interested in the interconnections among economic development, the environment, and the use of natural resources.
The focus will be on reducing climate and environmental risks, building resilient mountain economies and landscapes, and enabling regional and global mechanisms for sustainable action. Grants are likely to be in the range of $20,000–$30,000 over two years, with the upper limit of grants aimed at multidisciplinary teams involving two or more countries in the region or focusing on a transboundary issue that requires an interdisciplinary team.
Women researchers and researchers affiliated with member universities of the Himalayan University Consortium (HUC) are encouraged to apply.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is January 8, 2024
Open this link for more details about the ICIMOD SANDEE Research Grants 2024.