Instagram Notifications – How to Turn Notifications On and Off
‘Instagram notifications’ as a topic is not something we come up with every day. Most of us might have not come across or heard of this topic before. Therefore most of us do not know what it is. So today I will be writing on what Instagram notifications are.
So for those who do not have any idea of what this is. First of all, I will be writing on what Instagram is. Instagram is a visual social media that enables you to share and upload photos, videos, albums and others from a smartphone. Secondly, what are the notifications? A notification is a message that appears in order to let you know of things happening at a moment.
So now that you have an understanding of what Instagram and notifications are. Let us put them together and know what it is. Instagram notifications are messages sent to notify and inform when other people post an item on Instagram or take screenshots of your stories. This also means that Instagram will notify and inform other users when you also take a screenshot of their stories.
Instagram Notifications – Importance of Instagram Notifications
There are many reasons to get notifications from Instagram. I will be listing those reasons. These include:
- Instagram notifications help you not to miss any update from your favorite accounts and the contents you enjoy consuming. These updates and content may include celebrity updates, friends and family, Medias and others. And I know you would not want to miss that!
- Instagram notifications help you stay on breaking news. You get to find news updates via notifications.
Now you know the importance of turning on your Instagram notification. Although we still do not know how to turn on Instagram notifications. Now here’s how to turn on Instagram notifications;
How to Turn on Instagram Notifications
For IOS Device
- Open your IOS device settings
- Tap notifications
- Scroll down and tap Instagram
- Tap the ‘allow notification’ switch
- Enable other notifications
- Select the alert method you want
- Select a preview option
- Tap the ‘back’ button twice.
For those users making use of Android devices. They don’t have to worry about turning notifications on as it is already on after they start making use of the app. These are the simple and easy steps to turning on Instagram notifications. If you are out there and you are tired of getting notifications from Instagram, there are ways to turn these notifications off. Here are ways to turn them off:
How to turn Off Instagram Notifications
- From your Instagram profile tap the menu button
- Scroll down till you see ‘push notifications’
- Tap the ‘push notifications’ button
- Scroll through the available notifications
- Tap ‘off’ to turn off any notification you would not like to see.
Now dear users, let us discuss how this ‘Instagram notification feature’ can be of great advantage to us. This feature helps you make sure you never miss a post from friends and family, favorite celebrity, interesting stories, and other accounts! You can follow more people and make sure you never miss a post from those people that are most important and relevant to you. So get engaged with more accounts! So friends never miss an important update and post. They never lose track of what is happening around you. You can know immediately when something happens. Be it from friends, family or even your favorite site. Use Instagram notification feature and get the best out of it.