Instagram Take A Break? Instagram is an American photo and video sharing social networking service that allows you to create and share your photos, stories, and videos with the friends and followers you care about.
The company is set to introduce the ‘take a break’ feature and ‘nudge’ teens away from harmful content. Facebook’s vice president of global affairs Nick Clegg announced the updates on Sunday, by Kim Lyons on October 10, 2021. The new feature is to nudge teenagers away from harmful content and encourage them to “take a break,” from the platform.
However, apart from the new feature (take a break), there are other ways one can take a break from Instagram. Most of us are guilty of spending too much time on social networking apps and one such app which consumes a lot of our time is Instagram. In this post, you’ll be learning how to take some time off the Instagram platform without deleting your account.
Instagram Take A Break
If you want to take a break from this social network platform, a quick and easy thing to do is temporarily disable your account so that you don’t use the app, until you’re ready.
However, if you temporarily disable your account, your profile, photos, comments and likes will be hidden until you reactivate it by logging back in. You will be learning how to disable your account using a computer or a mobile device in the fields below.
How To Temporarily Disable Your Instagram Account
You can only disable your Instagram account from a computer or mobile browser. So to temporarily disable your account from a computer, do the following;
- Log in to www.instagram.com from your computer browser. Note; you can’t temporarily disable your account from within the Instagram app.
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner of the page
- Click on Profile, followed by Edit Profile.
- Move down, then click Temporarily disable my account on the bottom right side.
- Select an option from the drop-down list next to Why are you disabling your account? And re-enter your password. The option to disable your account will only appear after you’ve selected a reason from the menu and entered your password.
- Lastly, tap on Temporarily Disable Account.
These are quick steps on how to take a break from Instagram using your computer browser.
How To Disable Instagram From A Mobile Browser
Follow the procedure below to take a break from your social media account (Instagram)
- Go to your mobile browser
- Log in to instagram.com
- Click your profile picture located at the bottom right and tap Profile, followed by tap Edit Profile.
- Scroll downward, then click on the “Temporarily disable my account” tab at the bottom right.
- Choose an option from the drop-down list next to Why are you disabling your account?
- Re-enter your password. The option to disable your account will only appear on the screen after you’ve selected a reason from the menu and entered your password.
- Press on the Temporarily Disable Account button.
Note; You’ll need to be able to log into your account to temporarily disable it. But if you can’t remember your password or username, you can follow the account recovery steps, to regain access to your account.