The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) is searching for a committed and talented intern to join its communications team. And also, to work with them to tell ICFJ’s story.
This is an exciting and paid opportunity for a self-starter who wants to advance journalism and further develop his or her communications skills and mostly in digital media.
Related for You >>> University of Alabama Competitive international awards in the USA, 2021
Interns should be enthusiastic, efficient, and flexible, and also good writing skills and experience with social media are required. Applicants need to have an interest in journalism and/or international affairs is strongly suggested. Applicants should exhibit a spirit of teamwork.
International Center for Journalists Communications Intern 2021
Duties of the International Center for Journalists Communications Intern will include developing written, visual, and video content, contributing to the maintenance of ICFJ’s website, providing support for ICFJ events, and other administrative tasks.
The internship, which will be conducted remotely due to the COVID-19 outbreak, requires a time commitment of 21 to 35 hours a week starting in January and lasting at least three months by the applicants or accepted interns.
- Applicants need to write and publish material for social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Have social media analytics
- Create design visuals for social media
- Film and edit video interviews
- Help compile regular analytics reports using multiple tools, such as Facebook Insights and Google Analytics
- Update ICFJ’s website
- Write short web stories and press mentions
- Support ICFJ events
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Intern must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or a recent graduate. Marketing, communications, journalism, and design majors preferred for this internship.
- Have experience with video editing and video editing software
- Interns must have highly collaborative with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Take pride in your work
If you have experience with the below, then it’s a plus;
- Major design applications like Adobe Creative Suite.
- And also, Photography.
How to Apply
The applications for this program will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The candidates should complete an application and also upload a cover letter, resume, a social media graphic and a writing sample.
For more information, click here to be directed to the icfj webpage