Application is currently open to all active youth leaders to join the ITU Generation Connect Visionaries Board 2021. The organization is committed to the implementation of the ITU youth strategy to further champion the voice of youth to advance digital development.
Are you passionate about youth engagement, technology, and digital cooperation? Are you an active youth leader that wants to make a meaningful impact? Then apply to join the ITU Generation Connect Visionaries Board.
The world Telecommunication Development Conference [WTDC] 2021 and the WTDC-2021 Generation Connect Global Youth Summit is a journey of the ITU Youth Strategy and Generation Connect is the overarching initiative.
ITU Generation Connect Visionaries Board 2021
The generation connect is missioned in three pillars of the youth strategy which include empowering, engage, and participate. The visionary’s board will be assembled as part of the efforts related to the implementation of the ITU youth strategy.
This effort was to further champion the voices of the youth to advance and promote digital development in the world.
The board has a lot of strategic objectives that they work to achieve every year. To this effect, the board set up a committee of two ITU representatives, six nominated high-level appointees, and six nominated youth experts/young people to work together on a voluntary basis.
Objectives of the Visionaries Board 2021
The Visionaries Board 2021 has the following objectives;
- Offering strategic guidance on youth participation and empowerment
- Identifying and inviting strategic partners to ensure youth engagement and youth participation in digital cooperation
- Advocating for meaningful youth engagement in digital cooperation through different promotional activities such as active social media campaigning and inspirational role model talks
Criteria for Selection for the Visionaries Board 2021
The selection of board members by the Visionaries Board will be based on the following criteria. Applicant must be;
- Active champion for youth engagement, empowerment, and participation
- Passionate and active involvement in youth engagement and digital cooperation
- Able to offer strategic guidance and collaborate with the ITU for one year and support in the review after the one year
- Affiliated with at least one youth-related organization, initiative, and network
- Willing to participate in promotional activities in 2021
- Committed to attend the four board meetings
Application For The ITU Generation Connect Visionaries Board 2021
To apply for the program follow the steps below;
- Visit the official page int/generation connect on your browser
- Click on the “SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION” button under the application deadline
- The application form will display on the screen. Enter your first and last name respectively, gender, age, and nationality
- Provide your contact information which includes the county of residence, city, address, zip/postal code, email address, and phone number
- Click on the “NEXT” button to submit your application.
Application Deadline For The ITU Generation Connect Visionaries Board 2021
Application for the Visionaries Board 2021 must be submitted on or before 6th December 2020.
To get other important dates concerning the ITU Generation Connect Visionaries Board 2021 please visit itu.int/generation connect