The IVHQ Medical Scholarships 2023 portal is open for eligible students who want to apply now for this scholarship, which is fully funded and sponsored by International Volunteer HQ. The IVHQ facilitates placements for medical volunteers abroad in a range of healthcare specialties as well as general medicine.
IVHQ Medical Scholarships 2023
Medical Volunteer International scholarships are available through IVHQ in a number of healthcare specialties, including psychiatry, dentistry, and nursing.
However, volunteers’ expertise and education will determine the extent of their work, and they can share knowledge with local medical professionals and foreign volunteers. The extent of your volunteer work will depend on your individual experience and education level.
On the other hand, volunteers can receive thorough support services, instruction, and in-country support from IVHQ. You will also have the chance to share expertise and cross-cultural insights with other international volunteers as well as local healthcare professionals.
Qualification for the IVHQ Medical Scholarship
To choose qualified students for the medical placement program, the judges will evaluate the answers provided by applicants on the application form based on the following factors:
- The motivation of applicants pursuing a career in medicine and volunteering abroad
- The experience and characteristics of the applicant are relevant to an international medical placement.
- How the applicant believes a medical placement abroad will affect their short- or long-term objectives in their selected field
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarships – Medical Volunteers International
The following are the requirements that a candidate must fulfill to be eligible for the IVHQ Medical Scholarship:
- The scholarship invites applications from any nationality pursuing a career in healthcare, medicine, or nursing, including pre-med and pre-nursing students, healthcare-related field students, and competent professionals.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have a passport that is valid for at least six months throughout the nomination period.
- Applicants may still submit an application for the scholarship even if they haven’t made up their minds on where they would volunteer.
How to apply for the IVHQ Medical Scholarship
To apply for the IVHQ Medical Scholarship, follow the steps provided below:
- Applicants must go to the online portal of IVHQ and apply there.
- Also, before applying, you must create an account with them. This allows you to save the information you provide, check your application status, and even make further adjustments.
- The application process includes four stages. Including creating an account with them, providing program details, providing some information about yourself, and then your personal details.
- Once you are logged in, the application allows you to express your interest in volunteering by submitting the application online.
Benefits of the IVHQ Medical Scholarship
There are many ways to improve the affordability of your volunteer trip or even cover the full expense while still receiving the guarantee of IVHQ’s support. However, by paying to enroll in an IVHQ volunteer program abroad, you can let us plan the entire trip for you.
Here are some of the benefits of applying for this scholarship:
- Medical volunteer program overseas for two weeks with IVHQ in your chosen location.
- A World Nomads two-week travel insurance plan
- A flight voucher from STA Travel, up to US$1000 in value.
- The “Certificate in International Volunteering,” a course offered by Global Travel Academy, is accessible online.
How many volunteers are there at IVHQ?
IVHQ offers the world’s most popular volunteer programs, with over 20,00 volunteers. If you thrive on authentic experiences and exciting adventures, you can apply for this program in Ghana and 50 other destinations around the globe.
Is the international volunteer headquarters legit?
Of course! IVHQ offers safe, affordable, and impactful fully hosted volunteer experiences. In fact, this organization has won the “Top Volunteer Abroad Provider Award” from Go Overseas for the past five years now. With over 15 years of experience, be sure that your trust is in great hands.
What does international volunteer HQ do?
The main goal of this organization is to match volunteers with locally-led projects, enabling travelers to explore the world in a meaningful way. It helps facilitate affordable volunteer trips abroad for long-term sustainability.
When was IVHQ founded?
The International Volunteer Headquarters was launched online on July 26, 2007, by the Radcliffe family in New Zealand. The founder, “Dan Radcliffe,” was determined with the aim of making volunteering abroad more responsible, accessible, and, most especially, affordable to everyone.