Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program 2021 applications are ongoing. It is a globally competitive fellowship program for early-career researchers that are aiming at improving the development and living conditions of children and youth.
The program includes, but not limited to, educational sciences, psychology, economics, sociology, family studies, media studies, political sciences, linguistics, neurosciences, and also medical sciences.
Recommended for You >>> Women’s Global Operations Summit 2021
Scholars who seek to combine multiple levels of analysis and engage in interdisciplinary work are particularly encouraged to apply for this program.
A special focus lies on work to understand and embrace variability in learning; promote the generation, transfer, and practical application of evidence on human learning and development, or increase the capacity to scale up effective education policies and practices.
Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program 2021
The Fellowships are awarded to highly talented and innovative early and mid-career researchers that have received their Ph.D. in the past 10 years.
The funding from Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowships is actually awarded directly to the fellow’s institution and may be used by the fellow over a three-year period to cover a portion of the fellow’s salary and for any purpose in support of the fellow’s research, such as assistants’ salaries, equipment, technical assistance, professional travel, or trainee support.
Those that eligibility to apply for this program includes the following;
- The applicant must have obtained his/her Ph.D. or equivalent degree within the past 10 years;
- The applicant must be employed at an institution of higher education or research institute;
- The applicant must be conducting high-quality research in an area of interest to the Jacobs Foundation;
- He/she must be committed to engaging with the Foundation and also the Fellowship Network and contributing to the Foundation’s activities.
The selection criteria of the program include the following and are weighed equally;
- Past research accomplishments and publication record
- The applicants must have creativity and potential for serving as a leader in the scientific community
- Scientific quality of methods and data
- The international relevance of the fellow’s planned work
- Potential for promoting human development and learning
- Alignment of planned projects with the goals of the Jacobs Foundation
- Willingness to support the Foundation’s aims and to engage with us.
How to Apply
- Click on Post Application.
- You need to Register on the Spigit website to have access to apply or just sign up for an account if you want.
- Fill the online application form and you may save your application at any time and finish later.
- Three additional documents must be submitted alongside to be uploaded in connection with the application form.
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae, including a list of the candidate’s scientific publications
- A published scientific paper by the candidate
To be sent separately to the Jacobs Foundation:
- A 1-page recommendation letter from a senior researcher, within or outside of the candidate’s department, supporting the candidate and describing his/her qualifications, initiative, and research. This letter should be sent directly to email@example.com.
Applications must be completed by January 11, 2021, 23.59 CET, because the application form will be closed.