What is JAMB registration 2020/2021? JAMB means Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board. JAMB is an entrance examination for tertiary-level institutions. This exam is for prospective undergraduates into the Nigeria Universities. JAMB board also administers similar examinations for prospective applicants to Nigerian public and private polytechnics, monotechnic, and colleges of educations. The jamb was established in the year 1978 with the aim of offering admission into higher institutions in Nigeria.
Jamb Registration 2020/2021
There are different ways of registering for JAMB UTME. You can register for jamb either online or at any accredited center around you. Later on, in this article, you will be told how to register for JAMB. Please note that you only need the steps to get the registration form if you are registering online. If you are registering at any center you will be given the form for a fee.
How to Obtain Jamb Registration Form 2020/2021
Candidates who wish to apply for the JAMB registration form are to pay the sum of Three Thousand Five Hundred Naira (₦3,500) and pay an Additional Five Hundred Naira to obtain the following recommended books; The Last Days at Forcados High School by A. H. Mohammed for DE Candidates and Sweet Sixteen by Bolaji Abdullahi for UTME Candidates.
General Instructions on Jamb Registrations
Below is a list of some of the JAMB general instructions.
- Candidates should keep their security details such as registration numbers, email addresses, passwords, pins, and more private and confidential. NO center is to request for a candidate’s password.
- Candidates should know that pins are tied to individual profiles and should not be transferred to anybody.
- CD containing JAMB syllabus, brochure, and other vital materials are also given freely.
- The registration fee is Three Thousand Five Hundred (3,500) Naira only
- Candidates are to obtain their National Identity Number (NIN) from NIMC as the number is mandatory for all candidates
What is NIN?
National Identification Number (NIN) refers to the 11 non-intelligible numbers given to an individual, which follows after the completion of enrolment into the National Identity Database (NIDB). After you get your NIN, it can never be reassigned, given or used by someone else. The NIN ties all records about an individual in the database and also to establish or verify his/her identity.
How Do I Enroll for NIN?
Candidates should go to the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) Enrolment Center with their Bank Verification Number (BVN) for their registration. There you will fill up the Pre-Enrolment form online, download and print the Pre-Enrolment Slip. The enrolment officer will guide you to proceed with the capture of Biometrics (Ten fingerprints and facial image) and you will receive the Transaction ID Slip as evidence of the transaction. To get your National Identification Number (NIN) Slip, you have to wait for like 2 to 3 working days from the time the Biometric details are captured at the enrolment center.
Jamb Profile Registration
Registering your profile on Jamb can be easier than you think. Before you begin you must make sure you have a mobile SIM with at least fifty naira on it. You should also make sure the SIM does not belong to another candidate. Every SIM card has limits to just one candidate. If you have a SIM that is not in use for JAMB registration before, follow the steps below to register a profile.
- Send an SMS Text with your Surname, First name, and middle name to 55019.
- You will receive a Profile Code of 10 characters to your mobile phone.
- Candidates are to present his/her profile code to the point of procurement from (MFBs, MMOs, Banks, Switches, and USSD Partners). After confirming your payment, you will receive your e-PIN.
- Candidates are to presents the e-PIN at any JAMB accredited Computer Based Test (CBT) Centre to complete their registration.
Registration Process at CBT Centers:
Candidates are to present their e-PIN at any accredited CBT center for completion of registration. The name of the candidate as typed on your mobile phone when registering the profile comes up automatically on the input of the e-PIN by the CBT center. Follow these steps bellow for registrations at the CBT center:
- Candidates are to pay the sum of N700 as a service fee to the CBT Center.
- Candidates are to provide Biodatas Including Date of Birth, Nationality, State of Origin, Local Government, Gender, Email address, among others.
- Individuals are to provide a choice of institutions and programs (Disciplines).
- Candidates are to Provide qualification with grades and dates, if not awaiting result.
- Individuals are to supply the JAMB registration number for previous institutional certificates for DE candidates only.
- Candidates are to Provide UTME subjects and choice of examination town(s) for Mock examination (optional) and Examination for UTME (Actual Examination).
- Candidates are to take a picture capture (No Scanning of passport Photographs).
- Individuals are to do Biometric enrolment.
- Candidates are to review entries and confirm the correctness.
- Candidates are to print the registration Slip using Biometric Authentication.
- As a Candidate, you are to collect their reading text and CD without paying any money.
- Candidates are to collect his/her e-slip at the end of the registration as evidence of registration.
These are the registration process for Jamb at CBT centers. Thank you for reading. You can also leave a comment if you think there should be more addition.
CHECK THIS OUT >>> How to Sell Cars on Facebook Marketplace For Free