Applications for the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024 are invited. This is a highly competitive and prestigious fellowship program that provides opportunities for postdoctoral researchers to conduct research in Japan.
The program is designed to support young researchers from around the world who have recently completed their PhDs and are interested in conducting research in Japan.
Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024
The JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship is a fantastic opportunity for researchers to immerse themselves in the vibrant and innovative research community in Japan, gain valuable experience in their field, and build valuable international connections.
The British Academy is an international nominating authority for this program, which is fully sponsored by the JSPS. The British Academy nominates a set number of applicants annually in this capacity.
Funding for Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024
Awards are given for a minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 24 months. JSPS offers the following assistance:
- A one-way ticket to fly
- There is also a maintenance allowance of ¥362,000 each month.
- A research grant (a grant-in-aid for scientific study) of ¥ 200,000 to cover costs associated with collaborative research is to be sought by the Japanese host researcher via his or her host institution.
Eligibility for Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Be a regular resident of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, or the United Kingdom.
- Make sure you have arranged a research plan with a Japanese host researcher employed at a Japanese university.
- Have a doctorate when the fellowship goes into effect, which must have been received within six years before the award; have a doctorate scheduled before the fellowship goes into effect.
- Please send in applications ahead of time so they can be reviewed before the start of the research; submissions cannot be accepted after the fact.
- Applications are accepted from candidates in all humanities and social science departments.
Application Deadline: December 13, 2023
Conclusion: In conclusion, the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Postdoctoral Fellowships offer a great opportunity for researchers to conduct research in Japan and collaborate with Japanese colleagues.
The program provides financial support and a range of other benefits, including the chance to attend seminars and academic conferences. The fellowship is highly competitive, but for those who are successful, it can be a valuable and rewarding experience.