The Joint Admissions and Matriculation with the acronym (JAMB) is the authorized board in charge of the Nigerian entrance examination board for tertiary-level institutions. Annually the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board conduct an entrance Unified Tertiary Matriculation examination for prospective undergraduates into the Nigerian universities.
Also, they administer similar examinations for applicants to gain entrance Nigerian public and private Monotechnic, Polytechnics, and colleges of Educations.
CHECK IT OUT: HOW CAN I PASS JAMB 2021 – HIDDEN SECRETS ON HOW YOU CAN PASS JAMB UTME 2021/2022
Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB)
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board precise over the entrance examination into the tertiary institutions in Nigeria as earlier mentioned. The examination board has the mandate to carry out. “The legal instruments establishing the board was promulgated by the Act (No. 2 of 1978) of the Federal Military Government on 13th February 1978.
The act was amended by August 1988, the Federal Executive Council amended Decree No. 2 of 1978. The amendments have since been codified into Decree No. 33 of 1989) these empower the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board to do the following”
- To conduct Matriculation Examination for entry into all Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Educations (by whatever name called) in Nigeria.
- Appoint Examiners, Moderators, invigilators, members of the subject Panels and committees, and other persons with respect to Matriculation examinations and any other matters incidental thereto or connect therewith.
- Place suitably qualified candidates in the tertiary institutions after having taken into account.
Above mentioned, before any candidate is qualified to take the examination, such candidate must have obtained the West Africa Examinations Council (WAEC), or its equivalent, National Examinations Council (Nigeria), NECO.
Previously, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board examination was usually taken once a year and at designated centers manually. By this I mean, in a classroom setting mostly schools were used as centers.
Recently the examination board began the computer-based test. Now, the Jamb CBT (Computer Based Test) centers are located at various locations in Nigeria. These centers are approved by JAMB for registration of the UTME examination. However, there are 36 JAMB CBT centers or locations across the 36 states in Nigeria including the Federal Capital Territory (Nigeria) FCT.
Abia State Centers
- Covenant Polytechnics Center 1, No. 321, Aba, -Owerri Road, Aba, Abia State.
- Covenant Polytechnics Center 2, OwerriNTA, opp Naval base, Abia State.
- Doreen Institute of Computer Technologies, Near National Population Commission, New Heaven Junction, Olokoro, Umuahia, Abia State.
- SurfTech Telecommunications CNT center, inside Aba North Magistrate Court, Ikot Ekpene Road, Aba, Abia State.
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, E-Test Centre, Umudike, Abia State.
- Adamawa State University, Abdulrahman Ghalie – Library, Mubi, Adamawa State.
- Federal College of Educations, Kabiru Ishiaku E-Library, Yola, Adamawa State.
- JAMB State Office Yola, Adamawa State.
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology (MAUTECH) CBT HALL, Along MUBI Road, Girei LGA, Yola, Adamawa State.
- Federal Polytechnics, Boni Haruna Road, After Technical Secondary school Barama MUBI North, Adamawa State.
Akwa Ibom State
- JAMB State Office, Atiku-Abubakar Road Uyo, Akwa Ibom State
- Akwa Ibom State College of Education, CBT Centers, Afaha Nsit, Nsit Ibom, Akwa Ibom State
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnics, Ikot Osurua, Ikot-Ekpene, Akwa Ibom state.
- PDF E-RESOURCE center, University of Uyo, Town Campus Annex, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State
- Rolin’s king Infotech and management technology (CTR 2), No 15 Library Avenue, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State.
These ate just a few accredited centers to see more details on the CBT Centers visit https://www.jamb.gov.ng/accreditted_centres.
Every year the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) will schedule an appropriate date for the writing of the entrance examination into tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
Candidates are to get to their designated CBT Centers to sit for the examination. English Language amongst all the subject is compulsory for all candidates then candidates will choose the other three subjects based on their prospective courses of Studies in the university.
For all further information on Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Visit their official website at www.jamb.gob.ng.