Kofi Annan Fellowship In Public Health Leadership Program 2021 is out to support all aspirational public leaders. The fellowship deems it fit to launch a wonderful program like this in this period when the COVID-19 is revenging the entire world.
Are you public health leader that is eagerly waiting for an opportunity to acquire advanced skills? Do you need competencies to strategize, manage, and lead health programs in your region?
Read Also >>> Energy, Mobility, and Agriculture Innovation Program
Then, this is an opportunity that will make your proposed vision to come through. The fellowship will support a high level of professional development in advanced public health leadership.
Kofi Annan Fellowship In Public Health Leadership Program 2021
The Kofi Anna fellowships support twelve-months of quality high-level training in public health leadership advancement. The fellowship also gives room for the acquisition of skills which includes diplomacy, change management, influencing policy, etc.
The Annan Fellowship In Public Health Leadership in partnership with the Kofi Annan Foundation has gained approval by the Governing Board of Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Fellows that are admitted into the program will automatically be senior public health professionals. Applicants will be African Union Member states who will contribute to and lead the implementation of a new public health order for Africa.
The Kofi Annan Fellowship In Public Health Leadership Program 2021 will also mentor and develop the next generation of public health leaders for the continent.
The benefit of the Public Health Leadership Program 2021
The Kofi Annan Fellowship In Public Health Leadership Program 2021 program targets aspirational leaders with public health. This is not limited to one health, medicine, finance, policy, animal health, or environmental health.
Successful applicants will become leaders who will acquire advanced skills in leading impactful health initiatives. This will employ health diplomacy as well as enhance their ability to develop bold, achievable, and strategic goals to propel Africa towards achieving agenda 2063.
Fellowship Format And Selection For The Kofi Annan Fellowship In Public Health Leadership Program 2021
The fellowship will use a hybrid method that involves self-direct learning to accomplish a personal development plan over twelve-months.
Learning experimentally shall take place through webinars, keynote lectures, online self-directed study with evaluations, case studies, and individual leadership challenge project.
There will be eight weeks of institutional residential placement for all applicants as a cohort.
They will spend the rest of the training period in their home countries. Fellows will be matched with experienced mentors and coaches to support their learning experience continuously.
On the other hand, the selection will be done by the independent committee comprising experts from the African Union Commission, Africa CDC, and their global partners.
The selection process will emphasize an equal opportunity approach to ensure all groups are represented.
Ground Sponsor of the Kofi Public Health Leadership Program 2021
The fellowship is sponsored by the Africa Centre for Disease Control or Africa CDC for short. They provide all the learning and development materials
They also meet all the costs associated with traveling, daily allowance, and insurance during the residential placement. The support for fellows to make sure that they have relevant software for online learning is not exempted.
Application For the Public Health Leadership Program 2021
All applicants must provide the following required information and document prior to their application. They include;
- A supporting letter from the current employer to confirm the employment
- Letters of recommendation from two reputable referees
- A personal state of 500 words maximum containing candidates commitment to public health
- Leadership challenge project proposal of 750 words maximum.
How To Apply for the Kofi Annan Fellowship In Public Health Leadership Program 2021 follow the steps below.
- Navigate your browser to the online application portal to get the form
- Provide your email address and click on the “Next” button
- Review the time commitments and click yes to confirm. Select where you heard about the fellowship and click on the “Next” button
- Enter your surname, other names, E-mail, phone number, home address, country, gender and click on the “Next “button
- Provide your educational information ranging from the name of institution, address, country, admission date, graduation date, qualification, and state of course completion. Repeat the following if you have a second institution and click on the “Next” button
- Provide your employer and employment information and click on the “Next” button to access your personal statement form.
- Provide the required personal statement information and click on the “Next” button to complete your application.
Applicants are to send all supporting documents to the mail email@example.com to complete their application.
Recommended >>> Talent Bridge Africa Build Programme for Entrepreneurs 2021