Kwara State Scholarship and Bursary Board – Requirements for the Scholarship Program | How to Apply for the Kwara State Scholarship Program
Kwara State Scholarship and Bursary Board are calling on all Sons and Daughter of Kwara State for the 2020 scholarship program for all undergraduate students. The state has provided a scholarship program for undergraduate students who want to achieve academic excellence in their educational carrier.
All interested applicants who want to apply should try and hurry because the KSSB will help those that would be selected for the scholarship program to fulfill their educational dream.
Table of Contents
- Kwara State Scholarship and Bursary Board.
- Requirements for the Scholarship Program.
- Eligible Courses for the Scholarship Program.
- Required Documents for the Kwara State Scholarship.
- Eligible Communities for the Scholarship Program.
- Application Closing Date for the Kwara State Scholarship.
- How to Apply for the Kwara State Scholarship Program.
Kwara State Scholarship and Bursary Board
The state scholarship board was established during the regime of Governor Adamu Attah on 3rd November 1982. The establishment of the board was primarily to serve as the outfit for students’ financial assistance to students who are genuine Kwara state indigenes. Implementing Government policy on state scholarship and bursary as may be laid down from time to time. This is a yearly scholarship program for all indigenes of Kwara state to help them meet their needs throughout their undergraduate program.
This scholarship is set up by the office of the State Government to help undergraduate students with a better education. It is designed to sponsor students that have no chance to complete their education due to no funds and a poor education system. The full education funding grant is offered to undergraduate students of from Kwara, to study in the University. With today’s rising costs of higher institutions tuition, other academic fees and financial support from the Kwara State Government means not having to be burdened of paying for the full costs of expenses.
Requirements for the Scholarship Program
The following are requirements for the Kwara state scholarship program. See lists below:
- Applicants must be students of any recognized University, Polytechnic, and College of Education.
- Applicants must be of the best behavior and ready to learn intensively.
- The applicant must be an indigene of Kwara State.
- Candidates must have (5) Credits pass in WASSCE or any other results.
- The candidate must have an original copy of his/her admission letter for confirmation.
- Students are to provide their JAMB results.
- Undergraduate applicants must be a full time 100 level students.
Eligible Courses for the Scholarship Program
The following are lists eligible courses approved for the Kwara state scholarship program by the state government. See the list below:
- Agricultural Engineering.
- Agricultural Science.
- Business Administration.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Computer Science.
- Computer Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Electronic Engineering.
- Environment Studies.
- Human Medicine.
- Mass Communication.
- Metallurgical/Materials Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Petroleum Engineering.
- System Engineering.
Required Documents for the Kwara State Scholarship
- Birth Certificate.
- An email address.
- A phone number.
- Certificates of state of origin.
- Admission letter.
- Certificate of the local government of origin.
- SSCE ‘O’ level certificate.
- School student ID card.
Eligible Communities for the Scholarship Program
Applicants from the listed communities below will be eligible to apply for the scholarship program. See the list below:
- Asa-Afon Local Government.
- Baruten-Kosubosu Local Government.
- Edu – Lafiagi Local Government.
- Ekiti – Ilofa Local Government.
- Ilorin East – Oke-Oyi Local Government.
- The Ilorin South – Fufu Local Government.
- Ilorin West – Oja-Oba Local Government.
- Irepodun – Omu-Aran Local Government.
- Isin – Owu-Isin Local Government.
- Kaiama – Kaiama Local Government.
- Moro – Bode-Saadu Local Government.
- Oke – Ero – Araromi-Opin Local Government.
- Offa – Offa Local Government.
- Oyun –Erin- Ile Local Government.
- Patigi – Patigi Local Government.
Application Closing Date for the Kwara State Scholarship
At the moment, there is no confirmation of the date for the Kwara State scholarship program.
How to Apply for the Kwara State Scholarship Program
- Applicants should log in to the scholarship portal https://www.scholarship.kw.gov.ng/register.php
- Create an account with the scholarship board to obtain login details.
- Use your login details with your password to fill the application form for the 2020 Bursary online.
- Scan and upload all required documents approved by the board.
Following the article above, you are able to get through with your application for this scholarship program.