Applications are on for the Lafarge Africa’s National Essay Competition 2020 for Young Nigerians. In other to celebrate the 60th anniversary of Nigeria and also the 60th anniversary of LAP in Nigeria, LAP is organizing a national essay competition.
The theme for the essay competition is “Building the Nigeria of my dreams”, which is in line with LAP’s nation-building initiative, to promote patriotism and corporate citizenship.
Recommended for You >>> Energy, Mobility, and Agriculture Innovation Program
The competition is broken down into two categories. The Junior Category and the Intermediate Category. The length of the essay shall not exceed 500 words for the Junior Category and 750 words for the Intermediate Category.
Students or applicants will be awarded according;
- The first, second, and third overall winners for each category will receive cash prizes of N1,500,000.00, N1,000,000.00, and N750,000.00 respectively, as well as books, branded school accessories such as school bags, water bottles, flasks, and educational tablets, pre-loaded with educational content.
- The top winners for each category will also receive a desktop computer system each for their schools with complete accessories.
- Consolation prizes of N200, 000.00 each will be given to the authors of 2 good essays from each category. They will also receive books, branded school accessories such as school bags, water bottles, and flasks.
- The cash prizes shall be held in trust for the winners and shall be strictly utilized for their educational needs. The prizes are not transferable and no part or parts of the prizes may be substituted for other benefits, items, or additions.
Eligibility of Competition
Lafarge Africa’s National Essay Competition is open to;
- Pupils of public primary schools who are between the ages of 9 to 13 years, for the Junior category.
- Students of public junior secondary schools who are between the ages of 9 to 13 years for the intermediate category of the competition.
- The children of LAP employees are not be allowed to participate.
- Each participant is allowed to submit just one entry. Any participant who submits multiple entries will be disqualified from the competition.
- All essays must be written in English, typed, and uploaded to the Online Portal in accordance with the instructions specified.
- Participants should retain their own copies of the essays as no entries will be returned.
- Entries to the competition must be the original work by the participant and not Copywrite.
- Any form of plagiarism will result in an automatic disqualification. It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that their essay does not infringe the copyright of any third party or any other laws.
Each participant of the competition is required to complete the online forms with the required information on www.learnwithlafarge.com (the “Online Portal”).
Use of personal data received by LAP in the course of the competition will be subject to the Nigerian Data Protection Regulation. The winners will be published in selected national dailies and on LAP’s social media handles.