If you don’t know How to Link your NIN to Airtel, you are reading the right article. In this article, you will discover the code to link NIN to Airtel, how to retrieve your NIN and also how to Link NIN to airtel online.
Link NIN to Airtel
The Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) has ordered all Nigerians to link their National Identity Number (NIN) to their respective SIM cards including the Airtel SIM card or face the consequences of their lines being blocked. If you are an Airtel user and you have not yet linked your NIN to your Airtel line, you should do so now by following the instructions in this article.
How to Link NIN to Airtel
Linking your NIN to your Airtel line is quite easy provided you know the code to link NIN to Airtel. The steps outlined below would help you:
- On your mobile device, dial the code- *121*1# (this is the code to link your NIN to your Airtel line).
- Input the 11 digits on your NIN slip (This is your NIN).
- Tap on “Ok”.
Having done this, you will receive a message shortly indicating that your NIN has been submitted successfully.
How to Link NIN to Airtel Online
Another method with which you can link your National Identification Number (NIN) to your Airtel SIM is by doing so online. To do this, make sure your browsing device is connected to the internet and you already have your NIN. Here’s how to go about it:
- Open the web browser on your internet-connected device.
- On the search bar, enter the URL-com. ng/nin and click on the search icon.
- On the opened page, scroll down and enter the Airtel number (it could be a mobile, MiFi, Router or ODU number).
- Click on “Send OTP” and click on the “PROCEED” button.
- Enter your “Email Address” and “Alternate Number”.
- Check your message list for the OTP code that would be sent to you.
- If you can’t find the message, click on “Send Again”.
- Once you see the OTP, enter it immediately and click on “PROCEED”.
- Your OTP would be verified.
- Enter your NIN.
- Read through the Terms and conditions and tick the box.
- Click on “PROCEED” at the bottom of your display screen.
With this, you will receive a message that your NIN has been submitted successfully. If you are having difficulties with linking your NIN to your Airtel line online, you should refresh the page and enter the details again. If this problem still continues, you should call the Airtel Nigeria customer service number on this page.
How to Retrieve NIN Number
Have you forgotten your NIN? Don’t worry, this article has got you covered. You can check your NIN with the USSD code-*346#. To do this, follow the steps outlined below:
- Dial the NIN retrieval USSD-*346# on your mobile device.
- On the options displayed, select “1” indicating your interest to retrieve your NIN (If you are using the same phone number you enrolled with for your NIN).
- Follow the prompts on your screen to complete the process.
It should be noted that a fee of Twenty Naira would be deducted from your Phone’s airtime balance.
How to Retrieve NIN Number Without Phone Number
Have you lost the phone number you used to enrol for your NIN? Have you forgotten where you placed your NIN slip? If yes, you should keep on reading. You can retrieve your NIN without a phone number by following any of these options:
- Dial the NIN retrieval USSD (*346#) on your mobile phone and press “2” indicating “NIN Search”. Input the required registration details.
- Download the NIMC Mobile App on your device and follow the given instructions. You can download the NIMC Mobile App by visiting the NIMC webpage.
- Visit the NIMC website-gov. ng and print out your NIN slip.
Having done this, you can link your NIN with your Airtel SIM and be rest assured that your line won’t be barred.