Loyola Marymount University is a Catholic private University. Loyola University and Marymount college merged and formed Loyola Marymount University in 1973. Through this union, the merged Universities maintain the century-old mission of Catholic higher education in Lis Angeles.
The Loyola Marymount University is situated on the west of the city of Los Angeles near Playa Vista. The University offers about 60 major and minor undergraduates programs across its six undergraduates’ colleges.
CHECK IT OUT: Education System in Canada for Immigrants – Study in Canada 2021: A Guide for…
However, the graduate program is about 51 programs, a doctorate in Juridical Science, a doctorate in Education, a Juris Doctorate, and about 12 credential programs.
Loyola Marymount University
Loyola Marymount University came into existence as a result of the merger between Loyola College founded in 1971, and Marymount College, founded in 1933. However, with the merger of the Loyola and Marymount in 1973, the sisters of St. Joseph of Orange joined the Society of Jesus and the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary.
It is one of the sponsoring religious communities of the University. The Loyola Marymount University has various colleges and Schools.
- LMU Loyola Law School.
- LMU School of Education.
- LMU School of Film & Television.
- LMU Bellarmine College of Liberal Arts.
- LMU College of Communication and Fine Arts.
- LMU Frank R. Seaver College of Science & Engineering.
- LMU College of Business Administration.
These are the colleges and schools in the Loyola Marymount University Los Angeles. Get more details on https://www.Imu.edu.
Loyola Marymount School Ranking
Loyola Marymount school ranked excellent in the University ranking. Here is the list;
- LMU ranks No. 4 percent for diversity (College Factual, 2018).
- 3rd for promoting Latina/0 student success Education (Education Trust, 2017).
- 66 Best National Universities in the US (U.S. News & World Report, 2021).
- 25th CBA’s Graduate Accounting Programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2021).
- 5 Law School for Trial Advocacy Programs, Rank No. 9 for Part-time Programs and first among West Coast Schools, No. 11 Tax Law. (U.S. News & World Report, 2021).
- 58th Nationally “Best Graduate Schools. (U.S. News & World Report, 2021).
- 19 in CBA Top Business Analytics Programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2021).
- LMU ranks No. 38 Best Colleges for Veterans, nationally. (U.S. News & World Report, 2021).
- LMU Law School ranks 3rd in the Nation for Entertainment Law. (Law Street, 2014).
- LMU ranks No. 3 nationally for “Student Most Engaged in Community Service” (Princeton Review, 2020).
The above report shows the ranking of the Loyola Marymount school Ranking among other Universities in the US.
LMU admission process is highly competitive and the application is for qualified students. Loyola Marymount offers admission to Undergraduate, Transfer, Graduate, and International Students.
Also, they offer admission for pre-college summer programs, Loyola Law School, and Financial Aid based on merit.
Visit these sites for further inquiries and applications https://www.Imu.edu/apply/#ApplicationOptions. The undergraduate early application starts November 1 and the deadline is January 15. Applicants must have SAT score between 1230 and 1410 or an ACT score of 27 and 31.
LMU offers over 90 Masters, Doctoral, and certificate programs. Check out the application deadlines at https://graduate.Imu.deu/apply/programsdeadlines/. In the academic life at Loyola Marymount University, the ratio of student-faculty is at 10:1 and 54.6% of classes of not more than 20 students.
The majors at Loyola Marymount rate Business, Marketing Management, and Related Support Services which includes Social Science Communication, Journalism, Visual and Performing Arts and Related programs, and Psychology.
The Loyola Marymount school tuition and financial aid received by students especially Undergraduate is about 49% for full-time and average ones based on need-based scholarship or grant award of about $23,972.
The tuition fees are $52,77 (2020-21) Room and board $16,165 (2020 – 21) https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/loyola-marymount-univetsity-11649.