Loyola Marymount University is a Catholic private University. Loyola University and Marymount College merged and formed Loyola Marymount University in 1973. Through this union, the merged Universities maintain the century-old mission of Catholic higher education in Lis Angeles.
The Loyola Marymount University is situated on the west of the city of Los Angeles near Playa Vista. The University offers about 60 major and minor undergraduate programs across its six undergraduates colleges.
However, the graduate program is about 51 programs, a doctorate in Juridical Science, a doctorate in Education, a Juris Doctorate, and about 12 credential programs.
Loyola Marymount University
Loyola Marymount University came into existence due to the merger between Loyola College founded in 1971, and Marymount College, founded in 1933. However, with the merger of Loyola and Marymount in 1973, the sisters of St. Joseph of Orange joined the Society of Jesus and the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary.
It is one of the sponsoring religious communities of the University. Loyola Marymount University has various colleges and Schools.
- LMU Loyola Law School.
- LMU School of Education.
- LMU School of Film & Television.
- LMU Bellarmine College of Liberal Arts.
- LMU College of Communication and Fine Arts.
- LMU Frank R. Seaver College of Science & Engineering.
- LMU College of Business Administration.
These are the colleges and schools at Loyola Marymount University Los Angeles. Get more details at https://www.Imu.edu.
Loyola Marymount School Ranking
Loyola Marymount University is ranked #77 out of 443 National Universities in the 2022-2023 edition of Best Colleges by US News & World Report. It is also ranked No. 8 for “Best Catholic College” and No. 14 for “Best Catholic University”.
LMU’s College of Business Administration is consistently ranked as one of the top business schools in the nation. Loyola Marymount University is also ranked No. 90 globally by Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
The Hollywood Reporter has ranked LMU’s School of Film and Television as one of the top 25 film schools in the United States in its editions from 2014 to 2019.
- LMU ranks at No. 4 percent for diversity (College Factual, 2018).
- 3rd for promoting Latina/0 student success Education (Education Trust, 2017).
- 66 Best National Universities in the US (U.S. News & World Report, 2021).
- 25th CBA’s Graduate Accounting Programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2021).
- 5 Law School for Trial Advocacy Programs, Rank No. 9 for Part-time Programs and first among West Coast Schools, No. 11 Tax Law. (U.S. News & World Report, 2021).
- 58th Nationally “Best Graduate Schools. (U.S. News & World Report, 2021).
- 19 in CBA Top Business Analytics Programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2021).
- LMU ranks No. 38 Best Colleges for Veterans, nationally. (U.S. News & World Report, 2021).
- LMU Law School ranks 3rd in the Nation for Entertainment Law. (Law Street, 2014).
- LMU ranks No. 3 nationally for “Student Most Engaged in Community Service” (Princeton Review, 2020).
The above report shows the ranking of the Loyola Marymount School Ranking among other Universities in the US.
LMU admission process is highly competitive and the application is for qualified students. Loyola Marymount offers admission to Undergraduate, Transfer, Graduate, and International Students.
Also, they offer admission for pre-college summer programs, Loyola Law School and Financial Aid based on merit.
Visit these sites for further inquiries and applications https://www.Imu.edu/apply/#ApplicationOptions. The undergraduate early application starts November 1 and the deadline is January 15. Applicants must have SAT scores between 1230 and 1410 or an ACT score of 27 and 31.
LMU offers over 90 Masters, Doctoral, and certificate programs. Check out the application deadlines at https://graduate.Imu.deu/apply/programsdeadlines/. In the academic life at Loyola Marymount University, the ratio of student-faculty is at 10:1, and 54.6% of classes of not more than 20 students.
The majors at Loyola Marymount rate are Business, Marketing Management, and Related Support Services, including Social Science Communication, Journalism, Visual and Performing Arts and Related Programs, and Psychology.
The Loyola Marymount school tuition and financial aid received by students especially Undergraduates is about 49% for full-time and average ones based on need-based scholarship or grant awards of about $23,972.
The tuition fees are $52,77 (2022-23) Room and board $16,165 (2020 – 21) https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/loyola-marymount-univetsity-11649.
Is Loyola Marymount a prestigious school?
Loyola Marymount University is a well-respected university, particularly in the Southern California area. It is consistently ranked highly in various national and international rankings. Additionally, LMU’s School of Film and Television is ranked among the top 25 film schools in the United States. Overall, LMU can be considered a prestigious school.
Is Loyola a top-tier school?
Yes, Loyola Marymount University is considered a top-tier school. It is consistently ranked highly in various national and international rankings and its College of Business Administration is regarded as one of the top business schools in the nation. Additionally, LMU’s School of Film and Television is ranked among the top 25 film schools in the United States. Overall, Loyola Marymount University can be considered a prestigious university.