Lyft Driver Application Process – Are you interested in becoming a Lyft Driver? In this article today i am going to be taking you through the entire Lyft Driver Application process. Everything you will need to know on how to apply to become a Lyft driver is simply listed in this article today. Anyone that has free time on their hands can simply apply to become a Lyft driver and make extra cash.
However for your journey to start you need to go through the Lyft driver application process which is directly listed in this article. In addition to that, we are also going to take a look at the Lyft driver benefits, drivers’ requirements and so much more today. So if this sounds like what you are interested in then butt your cross on as I take you through the entire process.
Lyft Driver Application Process
To become a Lyft driver there are certain requirements you need to meet in order to do so. Once these requirements are met the next thing is for you to head over to the application process. The Lyft driver application process is quite easy, it just takes a few steps. However, there are some documents you need to have in hand before you know the procedure.
To apply to become a Lyft driver you need to visit the lift website and access the application portal to enter your information. The application process is easy it mainly involves filling out the basic information about yourself that you are required. As easy as the process is to apply and become a driver it is far easier for Lyft to decline your application.
That is why it will not hurt you to follow the steps I have provided in this article which will help you apply successfully.
How much do Lyft Drivers Make?
If you have spare time in your hand before heading over to apply to become a Lyft driver it is necessary to have a sense of what you will be earning. We generally know that driving for transport companies does not really make for much of an income. It is just something that you can use to supplement your income when you have spare time on your hands.
Lyft drivers generally earn between minimum wages and up to $35 per hour. All drivers are paid based on fulfilling a ride. Drivers are also entitled to pocket about 75 to 80 percent of each drive or successful Lyft. When it comes to tips drivers get to keep a hundred percent of the tips they make. Drivers can also enjoy Lyft Primetime pricing when transport fares are increased.
Finally, drivers can also enjoy a power driver bonus for frequent drivers with an acceptance rate of 90% or greater.
Requirements to be a Lyft Driver – Lyft Driver Application Requirements
To become a Lyft driver there are certain requirements that you need to meet without wishing your application will not be approved. Do not panic because the requirements is pretty simple and straightforward and are listed below:
- At least 21 years of age to apply.
- Must have a valid social security number.
- Should own an Android or iOS smartphone.
- A driver’s license for at least one year is required.
- Must have passed a driving record background check.
- Also need to pass a national and county-wide background check.
- Have a car with four doors and five functioning seatbelts.
- Age according to the rule of the state.
- Needs valid in-state insurance under which you are covered.
- Must have an in-state license plate.
- Was a 13-point vehicle requirement check.
Once these requirements are met by you the next step is simply to start your application process.
How to Apply to Become a Lyft Driver – Lyft App
To become a Lyft driver you needs to follow the below application process. The steps are easy all you need to do is simply follow them exactly as they come:
- On your Android or iOS device launch your App store or Play store.
- Tap on the search bar.
- Search and download the Lyft application.
- Launch your web browser and head over to lyft.com/drive-with-Lyft.
- Now enter your mobile number in the required field.
- Click the checkbox to agree to the terms and condition and click on next.
- Enter your first name, last name, email address and city you will Drive in.
- Fill in your referral code if you have one. (Skip this if you do not have a referral code).
- Cross-check the information is entered and click on become a driver.
- Now verify your phone number with the text message sent to you by entering the code and clicking on next on the website https://www.lyft.com/.
- Enter your vehicle number and click on add vehicle.
- Select all the information about the vehicle and click on continue when you are done.
- Finally, Fill in your driver’s information and click on continue when you are done.
After successfully completing your Lyft application online it is now time for the Lyft background checks. It is done by a third party which will completely check your criminal record and your driving background information to confirm.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does the application process take?
The first part of the application which is filling out your information and every other detail required of you might take at most 30 minutes. After that vehicle inspection will commence which will take as long as it will take. Once that is done the final background check will be taking place once this is also your application will be granted.
When and where should I drive?
When driving for Lyft you do not need to bother about when and where you need to drive to get customers. All you have to do is follow the Lyft drivers application which is your key To success. It will show you the necessary places you need to go and people you need to carry. It also shows you an overview of the best times to drive and where passengers need rides.
Is Lyft safe?
The company is committed to the passenger and the driver safety. They also have a 24/7 support that you can contact in case of any emergency. You can always make use of the emergency 911 contact directly from the Lyft application if need be. Finally lift also gives car insurance to their drivers to have their bags in case of an unforeseen accident.
How do I get paid?
The amount of money you are paid is typically based on the time and distance of a ride that you take. All the payments that you have earned are made through the Lyft driver application weekly. This means that you need to add your banking details to the application to get paid.