The Master Fellowship for Refugees at American University of Cairo in Egypt 2021 is out and people are currently applying for it.
What is this Fellowship program all about? How can one apply for it and what are the aim and objectives of this fellowship program? All of these are what you will find out in this article. So all you have to do is read through to the end of it.
Master Fellowship for Refugees at American University of Cairo in Egypt 2021
The American University of Cairo is currently inviting people for its refugee’s program for the 2021/2022 academic session.
Master Fellowship for Refugees at American University of Cairo in Egypt 2021 is a competitive program that is designed to give awards to the best and bright minds who are interested in pursuing their educational career.
This award is meant to see them pursue a master’s degree in the AUC. It is a fully-funded program that covers both their tuition fees, housing allowances, stipend, and a host of other things.
It is a full-time yearly fellowship program that is given to a number of refugees who are unable to fund their academics.
With this fellowship program you can study and course of your choice at the American University of Cairo (AUC).
The Fellowship Eligibility
For one to be able to apply for this award they have to meet the requirement for it. Once the requirements have been met then you are now eligible to apply for it.
Listed below are the eligibility status needed.
- Refugee status.
- Open to all disciplines of graduate studies.
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admission requirements.
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2.
- Financial need.
These are the minimum requirement for you to meet before you can be eligible to apply.
Worth of Award – Master Fellowship Program
This refugee fellowship program comes with some good worth that sees you throughout your study time at the university.
The fellowship program covers the following;
- Tuition fees for a maximum of nine credits per semester.
- Monthly stipend.
- Housing allowances or accommodation at the university residence based on need.
- Student service and activities fees.
- Medical services and health insurance fees.
- May covers remedial English courses and pre-requisite courses.
There you have it. These are the financial benefits that you will enjoy when you are picked for the program.
Responsibilities of Fellows
There are certain characters and responsibilities that are expected of fellowship beneficiaries. They have been listed below.
- Fellows are assigned to 12 hours per week of related academic work.
- A teaching assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties. The training needs to be completed only once.
The deadline for this fellowship program is February 16, for the fall semester and November 3, for the spring semester.
How to Apply
To apply to this Master Fellowship program all you have to is visit the application portal and start applying.