Establishment of the MasterCard 2020-2021 UCT Scholarship Programme for African Students (South Africa) aims to provide scholarships to academically talented young Africans to pursue an undergraduate and postgraduate study at UCT. The MasterCard Foundation ha partnered with the University of Cape Town (UCT) to participate in the implementation of financial, academic, social and postgraduation support to awarded candidates under the scholarship programme. If you ever consider applying for this scholarship programme, then here is the information you should read on about the programme and its application method.
CHECK THIS OUT >>> Facebook Dating Sites USA – Facebook Dating App | Facebook Dating Feature
MasterCard 2020-2021 UCT Scholarship Programme for African Students (South Africa)
The vision of the MasterCard Foundation is to transit promising young people from beneficiaries to benefactors, preparing them with the necessary values and requirements, knowledge, skills, ideas development, and leadership skills to aid the economic and social progress and development across Africa. It targets academically qualified undergraduates and postgraduates’ candidates with outstanding results who are economically disadvantaged with leadership potential from Sub-Saharan Africa.
In the earlier years, about 42 opportunities (13 undergraduates and 29 postgraduates) were available for students who intend to commence with their first year of registration for full-time undergraduate and postgraduate study.
About MasterCard Foundation
MasterCard seeks a world where everyone gets the opportunity to learn and develop ideas. It is eligible to all people no matter their starting point in life, giving them equal chance to succeed. The MasterCard Foundation aims at helping economically disadvantaged young people in Africa to find opportunities to move themselves, families, and their communities out of poverty to better life.
Brief Description for the MasterCard 2020-2021 UCT Scholarship Programme
Before applying for the scholarship programme, there are some brief description you ought to know to consider the scholarship. They include:
- Host country: South Africa.
- Host organization: MasterCard Foundation.
- Scholarship Type: Undergraduate and Postgraduate.
- Institution: University of Cape Town.
- Gender: Men and women.
- Application deadline: September 20th, 2020.
Benefits of the Scholarship Programme
The scholarship programme has benefits granted to the selected scholars. Below are the listed benefit of the scholarship programme:
- An access to an internship opportunity.
- There is reimbursement of costs incurred for visa application processing.
- Full tuition-fee and international student fees.
- There is accommodation in the student housing system at the university of Cape Town.
- The scholarship covers medical with a recommended medical aid service provider.
- Selected scholars will receive a stipend which can be used to cover ad hoc expenses pertaining to your studies.
- Book allowance to purchase the prescribed textbooks that required for your selected degree programmes.
- The scholarship covers cost related to community activities as prescribed by Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Cape Town.
- Scholars receive an economy class air ticket upon the completion of studies for students who are citizens of and/or residents of a Sub-Saharan country other than South Africa or residing in South Africa but outside of Cape Town.
- Meals are providing through the student housing system at the University of Cape Town.
- And reimbursement of costs incurred for visa application processing.
As an applicant for the scholarship programme, there are some eligibility requirements for you to meet. Below are the eligible requirements for applicants:
- Only citizens and residents of a Sub-Saharan African country.
- He/she must have a great academical talent, and also must value learning to complete their education.
- Future leader committed to embracing ethical leadership that can improve the lives of others.
- Must be from an economically disadvantaged background and facing significant financial barriers to accessing education.
- He/she must provide ideas to support their own community after study completion. After returning home, they should be ready to take a leadership role in promoting social and economic improvement.
- Applicants should be wanting to study at undergraduate or postgraduate degree. Honors applicants will be considered from year 2016.
- Commit to community service through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities.
- Preference will be given to the first-generation students (students who are the first ones in their families to go to university).
- The prospective scholars must gain admission to the University of Cape Town to be eligible for the Scholarship. There is a minimum of 60% for the Honors, or equivalent degree is the overall academic criteria required for entry into the Masters degree.
INTERESTING >>> Absa.africa – Absa.africa Purpose | Features And Offers
How to Apply
In order to apply for the MasterCard 2020-2021 UCT Scholarship Programme for African Students (South Africa), applicants must first apply to the University of Cape Town for an undergraduate or postgraduate academic study and placement. The candidates are to make contact with the relevant department that will receive the academic application.
For the application guidelines follow the URL below:
- Undergraduate – https://www.mcfsp.uct.ac.za/apply/guidelines-undergraduate-applicants.
- Postgraduate – https://www.mcfsp.uct.ac.za/guidelines-postgraduate-applicants.
Click and follow the URL to either the undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme. The application link and how you can apply will be detailed in either of the link. Follow the guidelines to apply for the programme.
After applying for the scholarship programme, applicants will be selected based on some criteria. Here are the selection criteria for the Mastercard 2020-2021 UCT Scholarship Programme for African Students (South Africa):
- The applicants must meet the set academic criteria.
- Applicants must have received a firm offer for study at UCT.
- He/she is to demonstrate leadership potential and must have acted in a leadership capacity.
- Applicants must come from an economically disadvantaged background to be considered.
The deadline for applying for the Mastercard 2020-2021 UCT Scholarship Programme for African Students (South Africa) is on the 20th of September, 2020. So, apply now because the platform does not accept or attend to late entries.
Official Website for the Mastercard 2020-2021 UCT Scholarship Programme for African Students (South Africa): https://www.mcfsp.uct.ac.za.