Applications are now open for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2021-22 for Masters Studies at McGill University! The program is one that helps academically talented young people from the Sub-Saharan African to gain access to real-time education in the university. This scholarship program, which also includes a Master’s level, will be accommodating scholars from Sub-Saharan Africa. Being unique to McGill, some of these scholars come from French-speaking countries and get to receive serious English Language training before proceeding with the degree programs.
Benefits of the Scholarship Program
There is an amazing benefit you may want to know about the program. What could be the benefit of this program for young scholars out there?
- This scholarship program provides fully-funded financial support, which includes, tuition fees, books, accommodation, and other scholastic requirements.
There are certain points to take note and requirements to meet, in order to be eligible for the program. Let’s check out your eligibility requirement as an interested candidate for this program from Mastercard Foundation.
- Applicants must be less than 35 years old at the period of the scholarship application.
- You must be eligible for one of the programs offered at McGill University.
- The applicant has to be nominated by any of the McGill professor or a staff member from the department you want to apply to.
- The candidate must have a plan to return to his/her country upon the completion of the degree. There has to be a goal of changing the community through the applicant’s development.
- Demonstrate that your financial status falls within the range of the last two quintiles of your country.
- The applicant has to be a citizen of and has lived a real-time part of your life in any Sub-Saharan African country.
- You must not register or complete any other graduate studies.
All these are the requirements for you to be eligible for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2021-22 for Masters Studies at McGill University (Fully-funded).
Eligible Master’s Program and Courses (Non-Thesis)
The following are the programs and courses offered during this Scholarship at McGill University.
- Master of Architecture (M. Arch. – Professional)
- Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Educational Psychology
- Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Counseling Psychology
- Education and Society
- Educational Leadership (This requires 2 years of teaching and related experience)
- Political Science
- Applied/School of Child Psychology
- Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Bioresource Engineering
- Food Science and Agricultural
- Public Health
- Master of Engineering (M. Eng.)
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (This requires a 1st class degree classification or 3.7/4.0 CGPA)
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Master of Science Applied (M. Sc.A.)
- Animal Science
- Bioresource Engineering
- Human Nutrition – Project Option
- Occupational Health
- Master of Information Studies (M.I.St.)
- Information Studies
- Master of Public Policy (M.P.P.)
These are the eligible programs for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2021-22 for Masters Studies at McGill University (Fully-funded).
How to Apply
To be eligible for this scholarship, you have to nominate; by who? You have to be nominated by a McGill professor or staff member of the program you want.
To get more application instructions, check HERE.
The Deadline for application falls on January 31, 2021.
CHECK THIS OUT >>> APEX Award 2021 for Researchers in the United Kingdom (up to £100,000)