MasterCard Foundation Scholarship for African Students is happy to inform the general public and interested applicants who are looking for a scholarship program. The MasterCard foundation scholarship program is here to help those who are ready to apply for the scholarship program.
If you’re interested in apply for any scholarship program, here’s an opportunity to apply for the MasterCard foundation scholarship 2021.
MasterCard Foundation Scholarship for African Students
The MasterCard foundation scholarship program is designed to sponsor students one has no chance to complete their education due to no funds and a poor education system.
On top of the scholarship, the scholar’s program facilitates transformative leadership programs to inspire and support scholars in making a change in their communities and countries on their return home.
Eligibility for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
The scholarship program is open to African students who want to complete their education. Applicants must be residents and citizens of a Sub-Saharan African country.
Above is the list of eligible African countries that can apply for the program.
Criteria for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Programs
The selection of applicants for the scholarship foundation program on admission is based on the following below:
- Leadership potential.
- Financial disadvantage.
- Academic promise.
- Desire to give back and go back to one’s community.
- Applicants must be less than 35 years old at the time of application.
- Candidates must have an exceptional record of service and activity in their school and community.
- Applicants that have never registered for any graduate studies.
The list that you have just read through talks about the criteria of the MasterCard foundation scholarship.
Required Documents for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program
Candidates who applied for the MasterCard Scholarship would be verified with their details and those shortlisted will be invited for an assessment test.
- 2 recent passport photographs.
- An original valid Student ID card.
- Any means of identification E.g. (National ID Card, International Passport, or Driver’s license).
- Candidates must bring their admission letters.
- Admission letter for the HND programs for Polytechnic students only.
- Candidates must bring their JAMB result.
Above is the list of the required documents.
Deadline for the Scholarship Program
The Deadline for the MasterCard foundation scholarship program is 31st October 2021.
Application Procedures for the Scholarship Program
To apply for the scholarship programs all applicants should follow the steps below:
- Applicants are to log on to the University of their choice to apply by visiting the web page mcgill.ca/mastercardfdnscholars/apply-program.
- Once the page is open you are to fill in your personal information.
- Upload the required documents in the required box.
- All applicants should request their referee to complete the MCFSP recommendation form and return the completed form by email to [email protected].
- Once all requested documents have been received the department will review the application.
- If eligible, at the pre-screening stage they will move the application to the MCFSP selection committee for review.
- Once your application is selected candidates will be notified in April 2021.
- If an applicant declines the admission they are no longer eligible for the scholarship.
NOTE: The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Selection Committee will begin to make scholarship offers. I hope with this article you will be able to apply for the scholarship program.