If you are searching for Mechanical Engineering Courses without Mathematics in Nigeria, then this article is for you. Reading this article to the end, there is a lot you are definitely going to learn. Before we proceed, it’s important we understand what mechanical engineering is. Mechanical engineering is the study, analysis, design, production and maintenance of subjects and systems in motion. Stated, it is one of the oldest and broadest engineering disciplines in the world.
Read Also >>> NECO Subject Combination for Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering Courses without Mathematics in Nigeria
The scope of mechanical engineering is that mechanical engineers learn about material, solid and fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, design, instrumentation, control, and manufacturing to understand mechanical systems. Biometrics, cartilage-tissue engineering, energy conversion, combustion, laser-assisted materials processing amongst others are the subjects included in specialized mechanical engineering.
It is important you take note that the foundation of mechanical engineering lies primarily in mathematics, physics, and chemistry. A strong background in these subjects is vital for students who want to understand advanced mechanical engineering concepts in college and further. This said should have broken the ice point to you that there is no Mechanical Engineering Courses without Mathematics in Nigeria.
Requirements to Study Mechanical Engineering Courses in Nigeria
To begin study engineering courses in Nigeria, you must meet certain requirements. For direct entry, you need two A level passes from chemistry, physics, and mathematics. You also require ND upper credit, NCE technical, and HND in Mechanical engineering. This is however if you do not intend to use UTME.
If you wish to use UTME, you need the subject’s English Language which is compulsory, mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. You need to have at least credit passes for these subjects.
Check Out >>> National Common Entrance Examination Cut Off Mark
Where to Study Mechanical Engineering Courses in Nigeria
Below are some of the universities offering engineering courses in Nigeria.
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Akwa Ibom State University of Technology, Uyo
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Adeleke University Ede (AUE)
- The Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) with options in: (i) Air conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering Tech. (ii) Automotive Engineering Tech. (iii) Industrial and Prod. Engr. Tech. (iv) Aeronautical Eng. Technology
- Bayero University, Kano
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- Caritas University, Enugu
- Covenant University Ota
- Cross River State University of Science & Technology Calabar (CRUTECH)
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin
- Ekiti State University
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB)
- The Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Gregory University, Uturu
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Igbinedion University Okada
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kano University of Science & Technology, Wudil (KUST)
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna (NDA)
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology Okitipupa (OSUSTECH)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY).
There you go; some of the universities to study mechanical engineering courses in Nigeria.
Recommended >>> Engineering Courses You can Study Without Mathematics