Medical Technologist Jobs In USA With Visa Sponsorship is available for all qualified or lucky foreign candidates. Are you a medical technologist and do you wish to immigrate to the US to continue your career? There are jobs available for foreign medical technologists in the US with a free visa. This article will teach you how to apply for a medical tech job in the USA online.
Medical Technologist Jobs In USA With Visa Sponsorship
A US medical technologist, or lab technologist, is responsible for breaking down biological samples to treat or diagnose different diseases. Their other functions include getting biological samples ready to test, conducting blood tests, and creating reports of their findings.
Therefore, if you are a qualified medical technologist or lab technologist who wants to move to the US, you can apply for job vacancies in any of the US hospitals or healthcare centers that are hiring.
US Medical Technologist Jobs Duties and Responsibilities
Medical technologists’ roles and responsibilities include the following:
- To use an established lab protocol to perform laboratory tests and correctly log the results of those tests.
- Identify, diagnose and repair issues that may arise with the laboratory equipment
- To verify all test results and ensure that they are correctly matched with the specimen,
- Determine specimen validity within the first 20 minutes of receiving the specimen.
- To inform clients of recollection protocols if a specimen is rejected.
- Label and organize all tests appropriately to make sure that they are easily retrievable.
These are the roles of medical technologists.
Medical Technologists Jobs’ Education and Training Requirements
A medical technologist’s job requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in medical technology. There are places where they may also require you to complete an exam and receive a license to work. Even in states where licensing is not needed, they can get a certification through the American Medical Technologists agency. This certification simply shows that the candidate has received their BS from an accredited university and completed either an internship or gained one year of approved work experience, so it’s extremely valuable to a candidate.
How To Find Medical Technologist Jobs in the USA With Visa Sponsorship Online 2022
As an international candidate, the best way to find a US medical technologist job with a visa is to use Google search. On the internet, you will find many job portals like indeed.com, LinkedIn, etc., where you can find US job listings with free visa sponsorship.
How To Apply For Medical Technologist Jobs In The USA With Visa Sponsorship 2022/2023
To apply for a medical technologist US job, do the following:
- Navigate to the internet and search for a medical technologist job in the United States with free visa sponsorship for foreigners. Or, go to indeed.com jobs, or LinkedIn.com jobs.
- Navigate through the page to find the job that suits you.
- Choose the apply button, and make sure that the employer is willing to hire a foreign candidate and is ready to sponsor the work visa.
- Submit your job application and wait for a response.
You will be notified if you get the job and will get a job offer from the employer. It is now left for the employer to go to the US workforce to file a petition for you. After that, you can now proceed to apply for the US work visa.
US H-1B Visa Degree and license requirements for Medical Technologists
The H1B Visa is the best type of US visa designed for foreign medical technologists. Foreign national medical technologists (also known as clinical laboratory technologists and clinical laboratory scientists) must meet the USCIS healthcare worker requirements, listed below.
- You must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree or foreign equivalent in Medical Technology or a closely related field.
- Possess educational credentials that have been verified by CGFNS.
- You must get a Visa Screen Certificate (Type I Certificate) through CGFNS.
- You must get a State Medical Technologist License (or Clinical Laboratory Technologist License or Clinical Laboratory Scientist License) (Temporary or Permanent) or a letter of eligibility to obtain a State License once the H-1B visa is approved.
CGFNS is the source for the Visa Screen Certificate (Type I Certificate) designed for Medical Technologists.
Medical Technologists’ Salaries In The USA
The average salary of a medical technologist should be around $30.51 per hour. Moreover, the work payment rate may depend on the level of experience, education, and geographical location.
Where do Medical Technologists make the most money?
According to BLS claims, below are the states with the highest average salary for medical lab technologists:
- New York City–$72,500.
- Rhode Island – $70,580.
- Connecticut – $70,220.
- Oregon, $69,330.
- California – $68,450
Are Medical Technologists in demand in the USA?
Employment of medical laboratory technologists and technicians is projected to grow by 11% from 2020 to 2030, which is faster than the average for all occupations. And about 25,900 openings for clinical laboratory technologists and technicians are projected yearly, on average, over the next decade.
How do I become a Medical Technologist in the USA?
To qualify for licensure, an aspiring medical technologist may need to have a bachelor’s degree in chemistry, medical technology, or physical science, or possess a degree that meets coursework and laboratory requirements. However, some states also require certification, and many employers prefer to employ certified workers.