Micro SD Card is a type of removable flash memory card which is used for storing information. These cards can be used on mobile phones and other mobile devices for storing information. The SD card is an abbreviation of Secure Data, and micro SD cards that you see are sometimes are uSD.
Micro SD Card
The SD cards can be sold in different sizes and I am sure that you are supposed to know that by now. When SD cards first came out, there were sold in sizes of 128, 64 and 3 MB. As time goes on SanDisk made an SD card of 4GB which is in July 2006 and since then micro SD cards became cheaper.
Micro SD cards can be used in transferring files from your android phone to your computer device easily. If you want to take the card of your device regularly or replace it with other cards, then I think that you should consider SD cards. Internal storage is very different as well know so, instead of the SD card being used as a place to externally store your files, the SD card is said to be an extension of your phones internal storage.
If you are the type of person that always moves files around, and you want the choice of taking the card out down the line, I think that you are advised to go for portable storage. However, if you want extra space on your mobile, you have to go for an SD card. Once you have known the ways involved in using the micro SD card, you will need to install it on your device. Keep on reading as we will be discussing more.
How to Install Micro device on your device
Installing a micro SD card on your mobile device Is pretty easy. to that, read the following steps provided below carefully.
- First of all, insert the memory card into your device. A notification will appear on your device indicating that a memory card was detected. All you have to do is tap on the notification and start setting up your SD card.
- You will be asked to choose from two options, either to use the card as portable storage or use it as internal storage on your device.
- Also, you will get another notification on your device and you can tap on it to explore the files available on the SD card. You can view and move files between your phone and your SD card.
- If your mobile device is an older one and it does have a file manager, you can download or install their party apps like ES File Explorer to juggle your files. You can download the ES File Explorer from your Google play store.
How to Transfer Files From Your Computer to Micro SD card
Transferring files from your computer is very simple and easy, all you have to do is follow the steps below to do that.
To transfer files from computer to your micro SD card:
- Make sure the SD card is inserted into your android phone.
- Plug your Android phone into your computer using a USB cable.
- Drag down your notification tray to check and make sure your phone file transfer. If it says charging through USB, tap on it and select file transfer.
- Open your computer and drag or copy files from your computer to your phone storage or Micro SD card by vising files.
Micro SD cards as we all know can give you a lot of help but using them will give you some little stress at most times. I hope those few tips I listed above will guide you on how to safely use the Micro SD card on your mobile devices.