Minimum System Requirement for Windows 11. Windows 11, which we could call the updated or upgraded version of Windows 10. Windows 11 gives you three confidences that keep you going, which are reliability, security, and compatibility.
We should be aware that it would not function well on a device that does not meet the Windows 11 minimum system requirement. So check out all the minimum requirements in order not to run into issues with your Windows 11 operating system.
Minimum System Requirement for Windows 11
The following are listed below as the minimum system requirements for Windows 11:
The CPU requirement for Windows 11, according to Microsoft Support, is 1 GHz or faster with 2 or more cores. And the CPU happens to be among the main determining factors that keep Windows 11 running better and faster.
The RAM requirement for Windows 11 is 4 GB, but there is still an option to upgrade to more RAM.
The storage requirement must be 64 GB or higher. If the storage is less than what is required, there is room for an upgrade to ensure effectiveness and higher productivity.
The system firmware for Windows 11 is UEFI, an abbreviation for Unified Extensible Firmware Interface, a modern version of the PC BIOS that is secure boot capable.
TPM is the abbreviation for Trusted Platform Module. The required TPM for Windows 11 is TPM 2.0, and it is an important building block for security-related features. The function of the trusted platform module is to improve the security of your system or PC.
The graphics cards in your device help handle graphics-related works like videos and other related activities. The required graphics card for Windows 11 is the graphics card that is compatible with DirectX 12 or later with the WDDM 2.0 driver.
Having a high-definition 720p display that is greater than 9 degrees diagonally and 8 bits per color channel If your screen display happens to be less than 9 degrees, then the intended user interface of Windows may not be fully visible.
This is a requirement that would aid the necessary updates and upgrades that would aid the effectiveness of Windows 11.
Feature-specific Requirements for Windows 11
According to a recommendation from Microsoft, these are the specific requirements to be able to use the Windows 11 operating system:
- 5G support requires a 5G-capable modem where available.
- Auto HDR requires an HDR monitor.
- BitLocker to Go requires a USB flash drive (available in Windows Pro and above editions).
- Client Hyper-V requires a processor with second-level address translation (SLAT) capabilities (available in Windows Pro and above editions).
- Cortana requires a microphone and speaker and is currently available on Windows 11 in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- DirectStorage requires an NVMe SSD to store and run games that use the Standard NVM Express Controller driver and a DirectX 12 GPU with Shader Model 6.0 support.
- DirectX 12 Ultimate is available with supported games and graphics chips.
- Presence: this requires a sensor that can detect human distance from the device or human intent to interact with the device.
- Intelligent video conferencing requires a video camera, microphone, and speaker (audio output).
- The Multiple Voice Assistant—which requires a microphone and speaker—requires an Internet connection.
- Snap: Three-column layouts require a screen that is 1920 effective pixels in width or greater.
- Mute/Unmute from Taskbar: This requires a video camera, microphone, and speaker (audio output). An app must be compatible with the feature to enable global mute/unmute.
- Spatial sound requires supporting hardware and software.
- Microsoft Teams requires a video camera, microphone, and speaker (audio output).
- Touch: This feature requires a screen or monitor that supports multi-touch.
- Two-factor authentication requires the use of a PIN, biometrics (a fingerprint reader or an illuminated infrared camera), or a phone with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth capabilities.
- Voice typing requires a PC with a microphone.
- Wake on Voice requires a modern standby power model and microphone.
- Wi-Fi 6E—requires new WLAN IHV hardware and drivers and a Wi-Fi 6E capable AP or router.
- Windows Hello—which requires a camera configured for near-infrared (IR) imaging or a fingerprint reader for biometric authentication—can be installed on either a PC or a tablet. Devices with biometric sensors can use Windows Hello with a PIN or a portable Microsoft-compatible security key.
- Windows projection requires a display adapter that supports Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 2.0 and a Wi-Fi adapter that supports Wi-Fi Direct.
- Xbox (app): requires an Xbox Live account, which is not available in all regions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Windows 11 function with 4GB of RAM?
The minimum requirement of Windows 11 RAM is 8GB, but that does not mean that Windows 11 would not function with 4GB. At first, it would function, but after some time, Windows 11 would become sluggish.
How do I know if my laptop is compatible with Windows 11?
If you want to change your system’s operating system but don’t know if your laptop meets the requirements for Windows 11, you should try installing the PC Health Check app. You can do that; press the Windows logo and S together, and from there you will see the result of your PC’s health.
Can Windows 11 slow down my PC?
Technically, Windows 11 is faster than Windows 10, but when you begin to experience sluggish moments with your system, you should check your system’s disc storage to know if it is compatible with Windows 11.
Does it take time for Windows 11 to get installed?
How much time does it take for Windows 11 to get installed? It does not take much for Windows 11 to be installed; it takes between 10 and 20 minutes to get installed. But if we should look at device preference, then it depends on your device and the hard drive. This is because, with devices, it takes different times.
What happens if I turn off my system while it is installing or updating to Windows 11?
Well, if your system happens to be updating or installing an update, you will see a notification to not turn off your system while it is updating or installing. This is advisable to be observed in order to avoid issues or damages to your system.