MIT Scholarships for Undergraduate 2020-2021 is ongoing and receiving an application from international students. By international students, I mean students who are from other countries other than the United States of America. Applicants interested in availing of the undergraduate MIT scholarships need to apply for MIT financial aid each year of their semester. The institution grants financial aid to all undergraduate applicants on the basis of their financial need. If an applicant qualifies for MIT financial aid, then they are automatically eligible for MIT scholarship for undergraduate study. The scholarship comprises of the amount up to the price minus the self-help level and the sum of the expected family contribution. It is one of the best scholarships for international students.
MIT Scholarships for Undergraduate 2020-2021
Applicants enrolled in an MIT graduate program and are seeking for MIT financial aid in the form of an MIT grant or a scholarship at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, are to simply mark the correct items on the application for admission and financial assistance of the habitual applicant. Also, any student enrolled in the MIT degree programme will automatically be eligible for any qualifying prize and award. Applicants can check with the appropriate department of the university for more information about the MIT scholarships for graduates.
MIT Scholarships for Undergraduate
Any incoming national or international students applying for MIT undergraduate financial aid is automatically eligible for MIT scholarships and federal grants. However, desired students need to apply separately for private or outside scholarships and MIT scholarship and state grants. The MIT scholarships for undergraduate students get the awards directly by the university based on the MIT financial aid of the students. And there are four different scholarship programmes which include:
- MIT scholarships.
- Federal grants.
- State scholarships.
- Outside of private scholarships.
MIT Scholarship Amount
MIT does not offer any merit scholarships to students because everyone who is admitted to the institution is a student with a great academic background. All MIT scholarships are need-based which means that amount awarded to the students will depend on the student family circumstances. For example, the average need-based MIT scholarships were approximately $45,000 a year. And 33$ of all students have been attending MIT for free, and 72% of the graduates have graduated with no student loans. The figures show that MIT scholarships are excellent to provide you the means to study at MIT.
The international students who are applying to MIT are to apply the same way as the domestic students with one exception; international students are to submit a test of English proficiency such as TOEFL. These are the guidelines to apply for the programme:
- International students are to create account or register in the MIT application.
- Applicants need to complete the MIT application and also to submit the required documents.
- The applicants also need to complete the financial aid documents.
Here are the documents for the MIT application process:
- Standardized scores (one of two options).
- Option 1 – SAT or ACT as well as two SAT subject tests (one in math and one in any science).
- Option 2 – TOEFL (IELTS not accepted) as well as two SAT subject tests (one in math and one in any science).
- Biographical form.
- Essays, activities, and academics.
- Evaluation of two teachers.
- Secondary school report including high school transcripts.
- February updates and notes form (including midyear grades).
- And an application fee or application fee waiver (application fee will be known at the application page).
Unlike domestic applicants, international applicants are not required to do interviews.
How to Apply for MIT Scholarships for Undergraduate
Now, here is the basic drop-down one on one step on how you can apply for the MIT Scholarships for Undergraduate 2020-2021:
- Launch your device web browser.
- Enter the URL https://apply.mitadmissions.org/apply/.
- Click on “Create an account” under First-time users.
- Fill in your Email Address, First Name, Last Name, and Birthdate.
- Click on Continue.
- Enter the PIN you will receive through your email and click on Login.
- Fill in your password, enter it again, and click on continue.
- Click on Start a new application.
- Enter First-year Application and click on Create Application.
- Click on Open Application.
- Enter your personal details and other related details about yourself and your academics.
- Attach the required documents.
- View and accept the certification.
- Enter the Fee Waiver Request if you want.
- Review and submit your application.
Your application entry will be sent to the official body. Your status will be sent to you either on your email or via the site login. Just go to the admission portal and sign in using the email and password you created.
The deadline to the MIT Scholarships for Undergraduate 2020-2021 is below:
Early Action – November 1st, 2020.
Regular Action – January 1st, 2021.