Applications for the Mitacs Elevate Postdoctoral Fellowship 2024-2025 are open now. Mitacs Elevate Postdoctoral Fellowship 2024-2025 is a prestigious and competitive fellowship program designed to support recent Ph.D. graduates in gaining valuable research experience and advancing their careers in academia or industry.
The program provides funding of up to $120,000 over two years to successful applicants, which can be used to cover the salary of the fellow, research expenses, and professional development opportunities. The fellowship is open to all disciplines and is aimed at promoting collaboration between academia and industry.
Mitacs Elevate Postdoctoral Fellowship 2024-2025 (up to $120,000)
- A postdoctoral fellowship with a dedicated professional development curriculum component is called Mitacs Elevate. Fellows tackle difficult problems by providing a professional development program that equips fellows with the skills they need to succeed as industry and research leaders.
- A research endeavor lasting one or two years that involves a partner organization that needs highly skilled personnel
- Fellows go through the program as a cohort, which provides them with opportunities for peer learning and cross-disciplinary networking that they might not otherwise have in their professions. Fellows split their time between working on a project with their partner organization and conducting research with their academic supervisor at an academic institution throughout the one- or two-year fellowship.
Benefits for Mitacs Elevate Postdoctoral Fellowship 2024-2025
The Elevate program provides:
- A certificate of completion following the submission of their final report and exit survey.
- Proposal support from a Mitacs adviser, including input on the application
- A premium curriculum for professional growth.
- A minimum $55,000 stipend with an annual reward worth $60,000.
Eligibility for Mitacs Elevate Postdoctoral Fellowship 2024-2025
- Available to foreign applicants, permanent residents, and citizens of Canada.
- They spend the period of the fellowship at a Canadian academic institution (colleges or polytechnics, for example).
- Their date of Ph.D. program completion is less than five years from the Elevate project’s projected start date, with the following exceptions: Fellows who have experienced a career pause because of sickness, military duty, or family leave may be eligible for advance approval.
- They meet the eligibility requirements for postdoctoral fellows at their home academic institution, have completed all Ph.D. requirements (such as a successful defense, final deposit, and dissertation sign-off), and will maintain postdoctoral fellow status for the duration of their Mitacs Elevate fellowship.
- They can dedicate themselves to the two-year Mitacs Elevate fellowship, which includes access to an exclusive program for professional growth. Substitute or replacement fellows are not permitted.
- As long as they haven’t completed more than two years (or six internship units equivalent) of Mitacs Accelerate at the postdoctoral level, fellows who have held a Mitacs Accelerate award as Master’s or PhD students are eligible. This needs to be finished before the Mitacs Elevate Fellowship begins.
- After finishing a one- or two-year Elevate project, Elevate graduates are eligible to apply for another Elevate project. Funding for postdocs is limited to a maximum of three years.
- Postdocs are eligible to complete nine internship units (usually three years) of funding under Mitacs, which can include any combination of Elevate and Acceleration in any order (e.g., hold multiple Accelerates or Accelerate after an Elevate). Elevate is worth three internship units for a full year.
- Fellows are not permitted to apply to more than one Mitacs program at once.
In conclusion, based on the information provided, the Mitacs Elevate Postdoctoral Fellowship for the 2024–2025 academic year is still open for applications. It can be a great opportunity for postdoctoral researchers to gain industry experience and network with potential employers.
However, interested candidates should thoroughly review the eligibility criteria and application process before submitting their application.
- The deadline for the receipt of applications is unspecified.
Open this link for more details about the Mitacs Elevate Postdoctoral Fellowship 2024.