Mongabay Internship Program 2024: Are you passionate about environmental conservation and journalism? If yes, then you might be interested in the Mongabay Internship Program 2024. This program is designed to provide aspiring environmental journalists with hands-on experience and training in the field.
Mongabay Internship Program 2024
The program is open to students and recent graduates who are interested in pursuing a career in environmental journalism. The Mongabay Internship Program 2024 is an excellent opportunity to work with a team of experienced journalists and gain valuable skills and knowledge in the field of environmental journalism.
Interns get the opportunity to learn extensively about important conservation issues, network with seasoned journalists, and witness the global adoption of their work by millions of readers during this six-month adventure. Throughout a six-month assignment, the interns will write about six news pieces on various environmental and conservation-related subjects.
The interns will receive topic assignments from an editor at Mongabay. In addition to working closely with Mongabay journalists, the interns will gain valuable experience in the organization’s journalism programs and procedures, receive writing guidelines and feedback on their news stories before publication, and receive one-on-one training and mentorship from their fellow editors.
- Experience with publication in a reputable news source
- Studying Mongabay’s journalistic programs and procedures.
- Joining a group of brilliant and enthusiastic authors.
- Increasing writing proficiency
- Learning interviewing techniques.
- Creating a resume with personal endorsements and reference letters from Mongabay
Eligibility for the Mongabay Internship Program 2024
- They are looking for intelligent, inquisitive people who are passionate about environmental journalism and have strong moral principles.
- Excellent communication skills, an optimistic outlook, and a willingness to learn and adapt are required of applicants.
The applicants have to possess the following traits:
- Exceptional ability to communicate.
- A self-motivator.
- I am intensely interested in environmental issues.
- Positive outlook.
- Coachable and receptive to new ideas.
- High standards, both personally and professionally.
- Skills for resolving issues
If you possess these traits, you can now proceed with the application.
All applications have to be sent in English. The following documents must be submitted by applicants; it is highly advised that you have these ready before starting the application process:
- In your cover letter, explain your interest in the position and what qualities and abilities you can bring to Mongabay.
- Motivational inquiries
- Send in an example of your writing from a blog post or diary entry.
To finish a writing sample, you can use one from this post.
- “Beyond the numbers: Human attitudes and conflict with lions in and around Gambella National Park, Ethiopia”
- insights from central Togo regarding changes in the forest-savanna mosaic of West Africa
- Thismia kelabitiana is a novel and distinctive Borneo fairy lantern that may be in danger due to industrial logging. Application Deadline: November 28, 2023