Applications for the Mophradat Writing Sabbaticals 2024 for Emerging Creative Writers in MENA are open now. The Mophradat Writing Sabbaticals 2024 are an excellent opportunity for emerging creative writers in the MENA region. This program is designed to provide writers with the time, space, and resources to focus on their writing and develop their craft.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2024
Applications for the sabbaticals are open now, and the deadline is February 1, 2024. If you’re an aspiring writer in the MENA region, this could be the chance to take your writing to the next level.
Mophradat Writing Sabbaticals 2024 for Emerging Creative Writers in MENA
Mophradat encourages up-and-coming Arab writers of poetry, nonfiction, and contemporary fiction.
Currently working on a new text for publication, published writers who need more time to dedicate themselves to finishing it up are welcome to apply to this program. A stipend will be provided to each participant to help them break away from their daily responsibilities long enough to finish their project. For two or more writers, the program grants a brief sabbatical period per open call.
Depending on the writer’s needs, the participant would get a sum of money from Mophradat that is based on the cost of living in the writer’s home country for a period ranging from one to three months.
- Candidates have to be Arab nationals or residents. Arabic-language writers and those with Arab roots are given preference.
- Writers of creative works, such as essays, poetry, fiction, criticism, and other literary genres, are required to apply. These are not sabbaticals for journalism, film, or academic writing.
- Candidates must be published authors with a minimum of two published books, articles, essays, etc.
- A publisher’s letter of interest for the new work that the applicant plans to finish during this sabbatical must be sent. Proposals with novel approaches and formats will be given precedence.
- Candidates must promise to take time off from their regular occupations for the duration of the sabbatical (if chosen, they will need to submit a letter from their employer verifying the agreed time off).
- By April 1, 2024, all applicants—selected or not—will know how their applications were received.
- Following selection, the grantee and Mophradat will sign a grant agreement.
- Seventy percent of the funds will be granted at the time the agreement is signed, and the remaining thirty percent will be released when the sabbatical period is over, provided the completed manuscript and a brief narrative description of the accomplishments are submitted.
- The grantee agrees to deliver copies of any printed materials to Mophradat’s office in Brussels and to attribute Mophradat with the publication of their work.
In conclusion, this is an incredible opportunity for emerging creative writers in the MENA region to develop their craft, focus on their writing, and take their writing to the next level.
The program provides a stipend to each participant to help them break away from their daily responsibilities long enough to finish their project. The eligibility criteria and application process are quite specific, so interested candidates should carefully review the requirements before applying.
The deadline for applications is February 1, 2024, and selected applicants will be notified by April 1, 2024.
For those interested in the Mophradat Writing Sabbaticals 2024. Open this link to start the application process.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is February 1, 2024
Open this link for more details about Mophradat Writing Sabbaticals 2024.