MTN Youth Skilling Program is ongoing for young Ugandans for 2021. MTN Foundation has launched a youth skilling program that is aimed at equipping youths with the right practical knowledge and skills that will enable them to provide innovative ICT solutions to solve community problems amidst the evolving digital world.
MTN Youth Skilling Program 2021
The program will be focused on skills that will help drive the co-creation of innovative digital products and solutions to help solve Uganda’s biggest problems in Education, Youth Empowerment, Health, and Agriculture. It will be implemented in partnership with Ubunifu systems, software development, and ICT innovation firm.
MTN Youth Skilling Program 2021 Requirements
This MTN program is for young innovators, youths that are employed in SMEs, University graduates, and youths who are interested in technology for the improvement of their communities across Uganda.
Requirements and Eligibility
- Applicants must be aged: 20 – 35 years
- Academics: Advanced level education certificate
- Photo ID: Must have a National ID
- Possess a working email address and a registered MTN SIM Card.
How Will The Program Work?
- A call for application will be put out via MTN digital channels and 100 successful applicants will be selected to join the program for each cycle.
- The chosen 100 will be paid for to study and acquire the International Computer Driver’s License (ICDL) certificate and only those that will have successfully acquired this certificate will proceed to the next level.
- The next level will bring the successful candidates together into a 10-week session that will provide hands-on training in technical and business skills that will support them identify and define community challenges in the areas of Education, Agriculture, Health, and Youth Empowerment.
- Also, the most successful ideas/ solutions to the identified problems will be escalated to the MTN Incubation program where they will receive mentorship and support to deliver a public good ICT solution designed for their community.
- program launch date: Dec 8, 2020 – Noon
- Applications open Dec 8, 2020
- Applications close Dec 22nd, 2020 6:00 PM EAT
- Announcement of participants, 15th January 2021
- The program kicks off 1st February 2021
Candidates that are successful at each step will be posted on the website and will be contacted via email.
For more information on application
More Related Posts
- AWS Africa Startup Connect Women Founded & Led Program 2021
- Access Bank Accelerator Internship Program 2021
- World Wildlife Fund Professional Development Grants 2021
- World Press Photo Contest 2021 For Photographers Worldwide
- World Bank Summer Internship Program 2021 For Young Professionals