NDDC Scholarship 2023 Portal Updates. The NDDC Scholarship 2023 is now taking applications from qualified students and is entirely funded and sponsored by the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC). To collaborate with its stakeholders in the difficult work of improving the Niger Delta region while being accountable and transparent.
NDDC Scholarship 2023 Portal Updates
The main reason for the NDDC’s relaunch of its Overseas Post Graduation Scholarship Program is to provide young people with the education and experience they need to participate successfully in the Federal Government’s local content program.
This program also offers students the chance to specialize in their area of study, giving them the ability to compete internationally in a variety of professional fields.
Requirements for the Scholarship
The commission’s website should be used to submit the application. The following are the NDDC scholarship requirements:
- Candidates will first be evaluated based on their undergraduate WASSCE or NECO degree, with preference given to those who have earned a First Class or Second Class Upper.
- In order to evaluate the candidates’ intelligence in English, Arithmetic, and General Paper, consultants will administer a local government identification computer-based examination in each Niger Delta state.
- A minimum test score of 70% must be achieved by the candidates to be eligible for the scholarship.
- For further consideration, only the most qualified applicants will be shortlisted.
- The Local Government Areas and Community Development Committees will be responsible for conducting the final round of verification.
Who is Eligible for the NDDC 2023 Scholarship?
- Applicants must be natives of one of the states mentioned below: Edo, Delta, Rivers, Abia, Bayelsa, Ondo, Imo, or Akwa Ibom.
- Candidates are required to have secured admission into a postgraduate program in one of the subjects previously mentioned above at a foreign university to be eligible for the scholarship.
- An excellent Master’s degree from a reputable university is required for Ph.D. candidates, while those pursuing a Master’s degree must have at least a first degree with a second-class lower division.
- Applicants must not currently be enrolled at a university abroad.
- A written declaration attesting to the applicant’s good behavior must be provided by a guarantor from the applicant’s community.
- Who must be a member of the National Assembly or State House of Assembly, the chairman of the local government area, and a first-class traditional ruler or a high court judge
- Candidates with criminal records—such as convictions or indications of involvement in cults—will not be given consideration for the award.
- Candidates must have completed their necessary National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) obligation.
How to Apply for NDDC Scholarships 2023
Follow these steps to apply for the NDDC Postgraduate Scholarship:
- Go to nddc.gov.ng on your browser and access the official website for the NDDC scholarship.
- Simply access the application form via the NDDC scholarship portal.
- Tap on the scholarship publication.
- Follow the on-screen process to register and complete the scholarship application process on the portal.
- Next, print your registration form for the scholarship after finishing the application.
- Then wait for a reply about the progress of your application.
The application process for qualified Nigerians for its 2023 foreign and local postgraduate scholarships is currently going on until October 2023. By November 8, 2022, applications for the NDDC Scholarship must be received.
When did the NDDC scholarship start?
Since it was launched in 2010, the NDDC scholarship program has trained about 2,000 young people from the Niger Delta in various technical fields and overseas institutions, and I am personally proud of these scholars for their outstanding academic accomplishments.
How do I prepare for the NDDC Scholarship exam?
An essential aspect of test preparation is to use previous years’ papers to solve and practice for the NDDC Scholarship Aptitude Test. By completing the previous year’s NDDC practice tests, you may better grasp the format of the exam, gauge its level of difficulty, and develop your best study plan.
Who can work at NDDC?
A B.Sc. or Masters’ Degree from an approved university in any related topic is required of applicants who want to work for the NDDC Agency. As well as an HND in a relevant course in any field of study.