Nova Pioneer 2021 Apprentice Teacher is a program that is looking for a superstar Apprentice Teacher that will have teach pre-primary and primary school at the Midrand Campus in 2021.
This is a really great opportunity for inspiring teachers who is currently in their 3rd or 4th year of their BEd qualification or completely their PGCE in 2021.
It is to join a team that is deeply committed to the development of the people and children. You will have to partner with your Resident Teacher to empower students using an inquiry-based learning approach and be a part of an innovation network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and even leaders who will help shape the African Century.
Nova Pioneer 2021 Apprentice Teacher
The Nova Pioneer Apprentice Teacher support instruction and classroom management and are responsible for helping to drive a rigorous, inquiry-based learning environment the Nova Pioneer way.
The teachers are supported by Resident teachers who partner with them in their growth journey observing lessons, providing feedback, and coaching. The key responsibilities of the role include the following;
- They are to help and support Resident teachers to deliver impactful and engaging inquiry-based lessons that are supported by technology to enhance instructional delivery
- Infuse joy and passion for learning into lessons so that students will be excited about learning and invested in their academic excellence
- Help to set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize it
- Work collaboratively with the resident teacher to conduct ongoing assessment of student progress.
- Attend weekly feedback meetings with resident teachers and Deans to enhance teaching practices
- Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and organization-wide learning and reflection
- They must communicate regularly with parents through e-mail, telephone, and parent-teacher conferences
- Contribute to and participate in co-curricular programming for at least one activity in the course of a term
- Participate in a variety of collaborative teams and committees, fulfill supervision duties as assigned including some morning, evening, and weekend events.
The qualifications that are needed, include the following;
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Education and entering your third or fourth year of study OR a Bachelor’s Degree + Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- Won’t be a qualified teacher at the start of 2021
- You are specializing in either ECD or Foundation Phase.
- You are provisionally SACE registered
- You have English and Mathematics teaching experience or curriculum knowledge – experience in Singapore Maths and THRASS (English) is not compulsory but ideal
- Experience and/or understanding of Cambridge curriculum objectives would be an advantage
- If you teach specialist subjects such as Science, History, IsiZulu, etc. in grades 4 to 6, you should have done the relevant specialist subject in university or have a deep understanding of the subject.
Successful candidates’ qualities needed include;
- You must love teaching and also care deeply about the success of each and every of your student.
- You will have a deep understanding of children and must know how to connect with the; specific age group that you teach.
- You are deeply committed to your development as a teacher and welcome constructive feedback, translating feedback into improvements and innovations in your approach and in your classroom.
- You are able to work within a team-based environment and also collaborate with other residential teachers, apprentice teachers, and deans in the school.
- You communicate openly and effectively with your colleagues
- You are to adept at using technology for instruction.
How to Apply
Application is easy and you can apply for the form by click on this link.