The Ogun State Scholarship for Undergraduate students is calling on all Sons and Daughters of Ogun state who are currently undergraduate students in any of the Nigeria higher institutions to apply for the 2021/2022 scholarship program for all undergraduates students. The Ogun State government has provided a scholarship program for undergraduate students who want to achieve academic excellence in their educational carrier.
Students with difficulties paying for their undergraduate school tuition fees should not worry because the Ogun state Governments have set up a scholarship platform to help undergraduate students with their education.
READ MORE: Kwara State Scholarship and Bursary Board – Requirements for the Scholarship Program and Application…
Ogun State Scholarship for Undergraduate
This is a yearly scholarship program for all indigenes of Ogun state to help them meet their needs throughout their undergraduate program. The purpose of the scholarship program is to further redirect the focus of students and seriousness into the students to work hard to merit this award.
This scholarship is set up by the office of the State Government to help undergraduate students with a better education. It is designed to sponsor students that have no chance to complete their education due to no funds and a poor education system. The full education funding grant is offered to undergraduate students from Ogun, to study at the University.
Ogun State Scholarship
First preference will be given to the students that prove prior dedication to the charitable work for empowering applicants in the specific fields and also to the students through professional communities or civic work.
This is a scholarship program that aims in giving undergraduate students that are ready to further their education to make them get the financial support needed to take a leap. The Scholarship offers free grants for undergraduate students who applied for the program and that should be one of the main reasons you should apply for it.
With today’s rising costs of higher institutions tuition and other academic fees having feed financial support from the Ogun State Government means not having to be burdened of paying for the full costs of expenses.
Eligible Courses for the Scholarship
The scholarships are awarded to study all undergraduate degree courses.
- Human Medicine.
- Natural Sciences.
- Information Technology.
- Environmental Science.
- Social Science.
- International Relations.
- Petroleum Engineering.
- Computer Science.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Business Administration.
- Civil Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Electronic Engineering.
- Mass Communication.
- Quantity Survey.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Agricultural Engineering.
- Agricultural Engineering.
- Computer Engineering.
- System Engineering.
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering.
Up there is the list of eligible courses.
Requirements for the Scholarship
The following are the requirements for the scholarship program listed below:
- Applicants must be indigene of Ogun State.
- Candidates must possess a 5 credit pass in their WASSCE.
- Undergraduate applicants must be full-time 100 level students of the listed courses above.
- Candidates must be students of any recognized University, Polytechnic, and College of Education.
- All applicants must be of the best behavior and ready to learn intensively.
- Applicants must be running an undergraduate program.
- Candidates must have an original copy of his/her admission letter for confirmation.
The following are the requirements for this scholarship.
Eligible Communities for the Scholarship Program
Please applicants should Note that only students from this list of local government areas are eligible to apply for the program.
- Abeokuta North Local Government.
- Abeokuta South Local Government.
- Ado-Odo/Ota Local Government.
- Ewekoro Local Government.
- Ifo Local Government.
- Ijebu East Local Government.
- The Ijebu North Local Government.
- Ijebu Ode Local Government.
- Ikenne Local Government.
- Imeko Afon Local Government.
- Ipokia Local Government.
- Obafemi Owode Local Government.
- Odogbolu Local Government.
- Ogun Waterside Local Government.
- Remo North Local Government.
- Sagamu Local Government.
- Yewa North Local Government.
- Yewa South Local Government.
See the list above, to know more about the eligible communities for the scholarship program.
Required Documents for the Scholarship
For applicants to qualify for consideration, candidates must submit an application with the following information attached to the following scanned documents.
- Admission Letter.
- An email address.
- A phone number.
- Certificates of State of origin.
- Certificates of Local government of origin.
- SSCE ‘O’ Level certificate.
- School student ID card.
See the list above.
Application Closing Date
The closing date of the Ogun state scholarship program is yet to be confirmed.
How to Apply for the Scholarship Program
To apply for the scholarship program is so easy. To apply for the program you have to follow this process below:
- Applicants should log in to the scholarship portal https://www.ogunstate.gov.ng/scholarship.
- Fill the application form that will appear on your screen and submit the form online.
- Attached are all scanned documents required for the application.
- Check the form before processing it.
- A message will be sent to your email or phone number you provided for those that were selected for the scholarship program.
I hope with this article you will be able to apply for the 2020 Ogun State Scholarship Program.