Do you know that you can save your files and photos to the OneDrive cloud and access them from any device anywhere? Just as the world is transforming technologically, so does the business world. It has transformed from local backup to cloud storage.
The OneDrive cloud storage helps to keep files or documents safe, even when you lose or change your device. This can be a valuable tool for any business. All you need is to sign up for an account, then begin to explore it’ outstanding features.
What is OneDrive?
OneDrive is the Microsoft file hosting service, that allows users to access their hosted files from any mobile device or browser. It is also a division of the MS suite for online services that help to sync files to a desktop or computer device. However, it is designed in a way that users can share documents, contribute ideas, and save changes.
Microsoft offers both a personal and business version of OneDrive Cloud.
Benefits of OneDrive Cloud
OneDrive cloud comes with a host of benefits they include
- With this service you can get your work done using your mobile phone, computer, or tablet anywhere you are.
- It lets you access files and documents even when you’re offline.
- It protects your documents, even if you lose your device, your documents and photos will still be intact as long as you saved them in OneDrive.
- With OneDrive cloud you will be able to share folders, files & photos and also collaborate with your friends and family.
- Ability to access all your files in windows 10 without accumulating much space on your computer.
OneDrive for business
OneDrive cloud for business is quite different from the personal account version in the sense that, it offers every member of the team their own storage space. It lets them share files and documents among themselves using the share tab. This version of OneDrive is specifically for business, that’s is why there are provisions for space where team members can communicate or collaborate on documents and also share files with each other.
How to Use OneDrive Cloud
Before you will be able to use OneDrive cloud storage, you must have an account.
- Sign up for an account
- Login to your account
- Setup your account
- Upload files to OneDrive Cloud
How to Sign Up for OneDrive Cloud Storage
To register for cloud storage online simply follow the guide beneath
- Go to your mobile or computer browser and type in microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/onedrive/online-cloud-storage to get to the signup page faster tap on the above link.
- On the OneDrive page, find the “sign up for free” button and hit on it.
- On the New page, there are three options you can use to sign up for an account. First, you can use an already existing email address. Secondly, your mobile phone number and the third option is by creating a new email address.
- To sign up using your already existing email address, simply type in your email address in the first column. If you want to sign up using your phone number click on “use a phone number instead” then provide your mobile number. To get a new email address tap on the appropriate tab.
- Then click the next button to continue with the sign-up process.
- You will be prompted to create a password, kindly create one, and follow the procedure on the screen.
That’s how it works!
How to Login to Your Account
Do you want to access your OneDrive files or documents? To gain access to your account the guidelines beneath will put you through
- Open the web browser.
- Visit the URL microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/onedrive/online-cloud-storage
- This will take you Microsoft OneDrive Page
- Click on the blue sign in tab.
- Provide your email, phone number, or Skype
- Scroll down to the blue “next” icon.
How to Setup
The directions below are for Windows 10, which might differ from that if windows 7.
- After entering your login details tap on the “Next” button. If you see the OneDrive folder on the screen, click on the “Change Location”
- For a free version of the OneDrive tap on the “Not Now” tab
- Tap on the welcome tips and then select the “Open my OneDrive Folder” widget.
How to Upload Files to OneDrive
OneDrive works with file explorer to enable uploads to go smoothly. So, to upload documents to OneDrive on your windows 10 take these simple steps.
- Launch file explorer. To launch the file explorer press on the “windows key+ E”
- Tap on the one drive folder at the left panel. If you have more than one account, you will see the folder for personal, business, and that of a family account.
- Drag and drop the file to the OneDrive folder or better still, go to the document you want to upload, then right-click and select copy. Go to the folder and paste it. You can copy as many as you want.
- After performing the task above, it will automatically sync them to your account in the background.
That’s how it works.