Open Broadcaster Software is an open-source cross-platform streaming and recording program built with Qt and maintained by the OBS project. Currently, the software is referred to OBS studio. The software is available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux devices.
If you’re looking for free software for recording and broadcasting, OBS is best for you. It offers free real-time source and device capture, scene composition, encoding, recording, and broadcasting.
READ MORE: AUDIO RECORDING APPS FOR WINDOWS 10 – FREE AUDIO & MUSIC RECORDING SOFTWARE FOR WINDOWS 10
Open Broadcaster Software
Furthermore, on the platform, the transmission of data is primarily done through the real-time messaging protocol and can be sent to any RTMP supporting destination, including lots of presets for streaming websites such as Instagram and Facebook.
OBS offers studio-level control to your web presence and webcast. Here you can control the narrative with an engaging video. Start streaming with OBS, in a few minutes and get instant access to 600+ premium Overlays, Alerts & many more Features to start your streaming career.
OBS Watch Video
There are things I will like us to know about this app and here they are below;
- 600+ premium Overlays & Alerts in 9+ languages.
- It enhances your streaming experience.
- Stream Label at a glance.
- Use the preset stream labels or create your own personal ones to keep your viewers updated in real-time about your latest followers, cheers, subscribers, and more.
- With OWN3D.PRO, you can set up a really professional stream layout within a very short time and concentrate fully on your own content.
- Twitch Chatbot lets you monitor your chat while rewarding your community with giveaways.
- It offers royalty Free Music for Streamers. With the OWN3D Music streamers & content creators gets copyright-free music in many different genres.
- It also comes with a Twitch Chat, which enables you to engage your audience in real-time.
- Very much compatible with Youtube, Twitch, and Facebook Gaming.
- OWN3D Pro offers high-quality graphics & features!
- Unlimited downloads.
- Gives you the freedom to stream, experiment, and create.
- Get amazing creative assets you need with one subscription.
- You can cancel any time you want. There’s creative freedom – no strings attached.
- Provides you with customer Testimonials. View what over 100,000 customers have to say about their products.
These are features of the OBS.
OBS Free Download
To download the OBS app on your windows PC, kindly visit the browser on your PC. Search for “Open Broadcaster Software” then click on the enter key. The result page should appear, kindly locate a trusted website with the app, and click on it. Find the download tab and press on it. Follow the onscreen prompt to finish the downloading process.
How to Use OBS
Learn how to start setup OBS to start streaming and recording, how to record desktop screen and how to adjust OBS settings in the following sections.
How to Setup OBS to Start Streaming and Recording
Follow the steps below;
- Download the app.
- Run the auto-configuration wizard. When you launch OBS Studio for the first time you should see the Auto-Configuration Wizard.
- Then, set up your audio devices.
- Add your sources for the video.
- Test your stream and record settings.
You can now start recording or streaming after you’ve set up the software.
How To Record Desktop Screen
Proceed with the steps below to record your screen using OBS
- Open OBS on your device.
- Click on the “Display Capture” option from the list.
- From the pop-up windows, tap on OK, unless you want to change the name of the feed, an entirely optional step.
- After you click on OK, OBS will instantly show you a preview.
These are procedures on how to record your desktop screen with OBS.
How to Adjust the Settings In OBS?
To adjust OBS settings, here are steps to take;
- Tap on Settings in the main window.
- Choose the video tab from the menu.
- Proceed to change the boxes for base and output resolution as well as frame rate to your desired levels.
- Then, tap on the output tab in the menu.
- Adjust the video bitrate box to the level you want.
I believe with the above guide; you can successfully use the Open Broadcaster Software.