Applications are currently open for the PERIPER U Partners/World Bank Strengthening DRR Capacity in SADC: Online Short Course Training 2021.
This training offered by the PERIPER U Partners/World Bank is aimed at providing individuals who are interested in strengthening capacity in Disaster Risk Reduction-based skills DRR.
Are you residing in an area where disaster is the other of the day and you are in a quest for strategies that can help you reduce the risk? Or you are tired of the disasters being faced in your region despite your significant progress to promote Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)?
The PERIPER U is launching an online short course in partnership with the World Bank focused on strengthening capacity in Disaster Risk Reduction-based skills.
They are also- promoting the knowledge for emerging researchers, early career practitioners, and Ph.D. level students in the SADC region who have an interest in the field of disaster, resilience, and risk.
PERIPER U Partners/World Bank Strengthening DRR Capacity in SADC: Online Short Course Training 2021
The PERIPER U Partners/ World Bank online short course is free of charge. It is available for SADC member states residents. Lectures for the online short course are prepared and delivered in English including Portuguese and French-speaking classroom assistants.
The organization saw the need for disaster risk reduction due to a large number of personnel that lacks capacity or skills, in the disaster risk sector.
The personnel lacks the necessary ability to implement effective and sustainable risk reduction initiatives in other to develop a resilient and sustainable society at large.
Eligibility For The Online Short Course Training 2021
Prospective applicants for the program are a target for emerging researchers, early-career practitioners, and Ph.D. level students with an interest in the field of discussion.
Application is also required from more experienced risk managers, established disaster risk practitioners, and experts outside of academia who wish to sharpen their disaster risk knowledge and research skills and also to keep abreast of developments in the field. Applicants with the following criteria will be given priority.
- Applicants must be a SAD member countries
- They must be young professionals between the ages of 21 and 35
- Interested candidate must be participant6s with some experience in disaster risk management or related sectors
- Women with experience in the related field are also encouraged to apply
- Applicants must have a basic understanding of reading, writing, and speaking in English.
Course And Study Structure For The Online Short Course Training 2021
The course structures are strategic around 4 weeks with different 4-course structure. The structures are,
- Understanding and addressing risk in Africa
- Risk financing and risk assessment as tools for DRR
- Risk assessment and analysis for informed decision-making
- Community-based risk assessment
The study structure for the program comprises a mixture of contact teaching and self-study supplemented with several pre-prepared electronic resources such as 15-20, minutes possessing narrated presentations, case studies, and videos. Participants will be expected to attend the following course structures that are listed below.
- Attend contact sessions for an average of four-six hours each week.
- Six-eight hours per week will be flexible reading and self-study time. Interested participants should complete set reading, watch audio-visual, and complete short tasks based on these resources
- All participants are expected to complete three assignments.
Application For Online Short Course Training 2021
To apply for the program follow the steps below,
- Navigate your browser to risk education Africa online form.com
- Scroll down to the application details header to locate the application form
- Provide your email, first name, surname, and select your gender
- Enter your age, country and select your language fluency in the different languages provided
- Enter your institution, current role, duration in a current role, highest academic qualification, the field of interest, and click on the “Next” button
- Complete all the required fields of the form and submit your application.
Closing Date For The Online Short Course Training 2021
The online application form for the PERIPER U Partners/World Bank Strengthening DRR Capacity in SADC: Online Short Course Training 2021 closes on 15th January 2021.