Portal from Facebook is a smart device that allows you to video call, friends and family. What is going through your mind now will be “what’s the use of a video call device when I can actually do it straight from my phone?”
Portal from Facebook
Instead of just being a device that allows only video calls, Portal for Facebook is more like a video phone with looks and feel from the future. The portal from Facebook is built with a high-quality camera and also has a movement tracking device that tracks your movement.
Not just that but it is also equipped with a very sensitive mic that picks every detail in your voice with a speaker with very clear and quality audio. You won’t be needing a set of microphones and headphones for your video call when using Portal from Facebook. And it doesn’t go without mentioning that it also has a string of smart home features.
Portal from Facebook was just released at the right time like it knew that video chat will become a norm in the nearest feature before its release. Even if you need to host a video conferencing, this might just be the best option.
What is Portal from Facebook?
We have basically said what you should know about Portal from Facebook, but we will still be sharing more here with a more detailed discussion.
Portal from Facebook makes use of Facebook, WhatsApp, Messenger, and Zoom for its video calls. If you do not have an active Facebook account. And you want to use a portal then you should create one. This is because without it you can’t use Portal from Facebook.
If you have never seen a portal from Facebook up-close. Then you should know that it is not as portable as your phone or tablet or laptop. The portal looks kind of like a box frame with a stand you can place on the desk or countertop. The camera’s person-tracking software keeps you in the frame when you’re talking. This allows you to talk on video and multitask or basically walk around and do things.
The mic on the device captures your voice when the person speaking voice plays from the speakers and a subwoofer. And if you are bothered about your privacy, you can turn off and deactivate the camera with a switch on the device.
Portal from Facebook Features
Here we will be discussing the key feature of the Portal and how they affect the device. Below are the key features of Portal from Facebook.
- While the device is owned by Facebook, it is Alexa-enabled. You can use this to set timers and more.
- The portal comes with an array of augmented reality, something like the Snapchat filter, and this can be used during calls.
- Another feature is Storytime. It lets you select from the stories in the library and read them out loud.
- When not on a call, you can set the portal to display images from Facebook, so this will look like a framed slideshow.
- You can also use it to take notes.
Here are the basic and key features of Portal from Facebook, there is still a lot to explore on Portal.
More Related Posts
- Facebook Dating Croatia – Dating on Facebook is Free – Free Facebook Dating App…
- How to text on Messenger from Instagram – Facebook Messenger Download – Messenger on…
- How to Add Admins on Facebook Page – Facebook Page Admin – Business Page…
- Facebook Surveys – Create Survey on Facebook – Facebook Survey Creator
- Live Video on Facebook – How to Go Live on Facebook – Facebook Live…
- How to Cancel Friend Request On Facebook: Facebook Friend Request | Friends On Facebook