Protonmail provides free and ends to end encrypted emails through a web interface and mobile apps. Exporting the emails and accessing them by any other means can be difficult, challenging a little bit and Protonmail will offer more productivity features itself.
Reading through this article is something that you will find out that is no longer a new thing. What I want us to understand about this topic known as protonmail is that it is the same as the Gmail service. We all know what Gmail is used for and how each one of us can create an account on it.
Looking into the content, you will be made to understand that protonmail is the same as that any other email server platform. Name them, Gmail, Yahoo mail, Hotmail, Airmail, Edison Mail, eM Client, Front, Mail and Calendar by Microsoft, Mail by Apple, Mailbird, MailMate, Polymail, Postbox, Spark, Spike, and Thunderbird.
- Protonmail helps you with easy and secure encryption within the system and the passwords encrypted messages by regular email.
- You are allowed to set emails to expire if you like.
- The proton mail app for IOS and Android lets you access ProtonMail even faster on smart devices.
All these are what this email platform helps you to do.
Proton Mail Cons
- Protonmail does not offer IMAP or POP access and cannot collect mail from other accounts.
- 2-step authentication can improve security even further and you can’t export your PGP key.
- Protonmail can be more helpful in organizing mail and suggesting replies.
Description Of ProtonMail
- Protonmail provides free and encrypted email (s) with up to 500MB online storage and its paid account contains about 20 GB.
- Emails between proton mail and its users are encrypted automatically and transparently right at the time of delivery. And only the decrypted ones are at the recipient’s machine when opened.
- For those using the email outside its system, proton mail ensures to encrypt the messages continents that are to be opened. And deciphered with the password sharing. The receiver needs to open the main message using the ProtonMail web interface which will allow him/her to reply in a securely encrypted manner.
- Emails sent from any ProtonMail service and within its system or can self-destruct or past their expiration date. And messages will disappear from the proton mail system and will be no longer accessible.
- A good advantage of Proton mail is that it does not collect personal information if an account is created. The IP address from where you created the account is not saved, so you can always set it up for all intents and anonymous addresses.
- Using color-coded and custom-called labels. You can categorize and organize mail flexibly traditional email folders are not available though.
- Handy keyboard shortcuts, consisting mostly of but one key to press-make the ProtonMail web application a snap to operate.
- Protonmail can use the browser to send new email notifications to the desktop. Albeit not in much discriminatory a manner, the mobile apps also can alert you to the email of course.
- You can look for or search senders, recipients, subjects, dates, and other header fields. Secure Email & Encrypted Email.
Sending and Receiving Encrypted files in ProtonMail
If you exchange emails with another proton mail user. The messages are encrypted automatically with their key in your browser or smartphone app- and only deciphered when the recipient opens them.
When sending messages to an email recipient who does not use ProtonMail, you get the option to encrypt it with a password. The recipient can pick messages using the proton mail web interface and the password.
From the same interface, Secure Email & Encrypted Email they can reply in an encrypted manner using your proton mail key as well so much for the security.
Organizing and Finding Mails in ProtonMail
On the receiving end, ProtonMail offers useful basics in its web interface. The folders you would expect including “archive” and spam and color-coded labels you can use to categorize emails, stars to make mail stand out.
Rules that can perform a few actions, such as labeling mail, free accounts are limited to one custom rule. If desired ProtonMail groups email threads and you can filter folders fast for just unread messages.
Speaking of selecting and discovering, proton mail offers email search of course but the fields you can search for are restricted to the message headers-senders, subjects, dates, etc. Encryption prevents proton mail from searching message bodies.
How to Create a ProtonMail Account
You can create a ProtonMail account manually if you follow these simple steps
- open any web browser on your mobile or PC.
- enter the URL on the web www.protonmail.com browser you open.
- Click on Sign up which is close to the login icon. Select Your ProtonMail Account Type for a free account.
- Then straight onto Free to expand the free account’s section (if not visible).
- You can choose a paid Proton Mail account plan, which can get you more storage, filters, and other features and can also support ProtonMail development.
- You can change your account type at any time after signing up to upgrade- or downgrade.
- Type in the username of your choice which would be used for your Proton email address, over Choose, under Username, and also the domain. The characters are best accepted in lowercase characters.
- Underscores, dashes, dots, and a few other extra characters can be used as well. But do note that they don’t count for the uniqueness of a ProtonMail user name i.e “example” can be the same user name as “example”.
Create a ProtonMail Password
- Create a password you wish to use for logging into your ProtonMail on Choose a login password and make sure you confirm the login password under the Login password.
- This password should be kept safe and must not be revealed to a third party. This password is the password you will always use to log in to your Proton Mail. And maybe similar to passwords you have used with other email services.
- ‘Now the next thing to do is to type the encryption password for your emails. Choose a mailbox password and you confirm the mailbox password under the mailbox password.
- This is the password that will be used to encrypt all your emails and folders.
- When you use ProtonMail, you should be sure that all your email texts are encrypted. And they are only stored in that form on the server. So when you open your account in a browser or app. All you need to do is to enter your password to have the browser or the app decipher emails locally. So the emails are also transmitted in securely encrypted form.
- Above all, you have to make sure that you pick a safe password for the mailbox encryption in particular.
- You have to also make sure that you are always remembering this password. You should be aware that there is no record of the password with ProtonMail
- Optionally, maybe you will enter an existing email address you had own over Recovery email under Recovery email.
- You can always receive some account recovery options and helps to recover your account password and again. It’s not your mailbox encryption password on this address.
- Then after all these, we think you are true then you tap CREATE ACCOUNT.
How to Login Protonmail
- Visit the web browser www.protonmail.com.
- Click on the Login icon.
- enter your Username and password on their boxes.
- Click Login to log into your account.
Enjoy every best of Protonmail, are you making use of its Secure Email & Encrypted Email Service.