Qualcomm Make in Africa Startup Mentorship Program 2024 applications are open now. The Qualcomm Make in Africa Startup Mentorship Program 2024 is an equity-free mentorship program that aims to support early-stage startups in Africa. It is the first initiative of its kind in the continent and offers business coaching, access to engineering consultation for product development, and guidance on protecting intellectual property.
Application Deadline: February 18, 2024.
The program is open for applications now, and the deadline for submission is February 18, 2024. The program is focused on identifying promising startups that are keen on applying advanced connectivity and processing technologies to innovative end-to-end system solutions, including hardware.
Qualcomm Make in Africa Startup Mentorship Program 2024
This equity-free mentorship program, the first of its kind in Africa, will identify promising early-stage startups eager to apply cutting-edge processing and connectivity technologies to creative end-to-end systems solutions, including hardware. It will also give these companies access to engineering consultation for product development, business coaching, and advice on intellectual property protection.
A world where everything and everyone can be intelligently connected is made possible by Qualcomm. The technologies driving the mobile revolution are being effectively scaled up to the upcoming generation of smart gadgets that are networked.
- Mentoring: frequent mentoring with Qualcomm executives to assist companies in realizing their products.
- Skilling: a master class on hardware architecture, IPR, pitch clinics, and product management.
- Visibility: Participate in a demo day with the startup community to network with investors, VCs, industry leaders, and other accelerators.
- Available to early-stage companies.
- Candidates ought to be African citizens.
- December 11, 2023, to February 18, 2024, is the application phase.
- March 2024 is when the startups are shortlisted.
- Program for mentorship: April 2024–November 2024.
- December 2024 is the day of the program’s finale and demo.
In conclusion, this is a unique opportunity for early-stage startups in Africa to receive mentorship and guidance on product development, intellectual property protection, and business coaching. The program is open to African citizens who have innovative ideas and are eager to apply advanced connectivity and processing technologies to create end-to-end system solutions, including hardware.
Selected startups will benefit from mentoring with Qualcomm executives, master classes on hardware architecture, IPR, pitch clinics, and product management, and participation in a demo day with the startup community to network with investors, VCs, industry leaders, and other accelerators.
The deadline for applications is February 18, 2024, and the program will run from April to November 2024, culminating in a finale and demo day in December 2024.