Recovery of Yahoo Mail Account. Do you want to recover your Yahoo mail account? If you wish to recover your lost Yahoo mail account, then you are in luck. In this article today, I will be writing on the various ways how one can recover his or her own Yahoo mail account hence the title of this content ‘recovery of Yahoo mail account’.
Check Out: How To Register An Account On Yahoo Mail
Recovery of Yahoo Mail Account
Recovering of Yahoo mail account is an issue most Yahoo mail users face today. Some users even have the notion that a lost Yahoo mail account cannot be recovered. But do you know that you can recover your account? Yes, you can. Luckily for you, there are tools on the Yahoo mail platform that directly helps with recovering Yahoo mail accounts.
If you have forgotten your Yahoo mail login details such as your Yahoo ID and your password, you can also recover the said account. All you have to do to get this done successfully is to follow every instruction I will be giving in this article, so, therefore, make sure you read to the end so as to get the desired information.
What You Need To Recover Your Yahoo Mail Account
You don’t need much in other to recover your Yahoo mail account. But before you can recover your Yahoo mail account you need to have a Yahoo mail account. Without having an account on the platform, you cannot recover one. Hope you get the message I am trying to pass.
Your account on the Yahoo mail platform can only be recovered if two things are in place. You need to have a recovery email address or a recovery phone number in other to recover your address on the platform. If these two things are not in place registered to your account, then you cannot recover your account.
Yahoo Mail Sign Up
Yahoo Mail signs up is just a term for creating a Yahoo Mail account. Remember I said if you don’t have a registered account on the Yahoo platform then you cannot recover any account. This part of this article is for those who don’t have an account on the platform. To therefore create a yahoo mail account, follow the steps below;
- Go to the Yahoo mail sign-up page here https://login.yahoo.com/account/create?.lang=en-US&.intl=us&.src=yhelp.
- Enter your credential and details into the required fields.
- After entering your details, click on the Continue tab and follow the onscreen instructions.
You will need to verify your phone number to complete the whole process.
How to Recover Your Yahoo Mail Account
When setting up your yahoo account you will have the option to set up a recovery email address or a phone number. Most users when setting up their account on the platform always skip this part. If you are one of these persons, don’t skip that part anymore as its importance cannot be overemphasized.
Now that you want to recover your account you will need it as it is the only thing that can help recover your account. To recover your account on the yahoo mail platform follow the steps below;
- On your device go to https://www.login.yahoo.com/forgot.
- Enter your email address on this page and click on continue. If you don’t know your email address, you can enter your recovery phone number or email address.
- Review your email address and if you still have access to them click on ‘yes, send me a verification code. If you don’t have access to them click on I don’t have access so as to display another option.
- You will be sent a verification message to your email address or phone number.
- Enter the verification code in the verification box and click on continue. Now your account has been recovered. You will be given the opportunity to create a new password. Click on Create a new password.
- Enter your password in the box provided and reconfirm your password in the text box.
- Click on continue.
Now that your account has been recovered successfully, you will have the option to edit your recovery options. You can therefore remove the options you no longer have access to by following the prompts on the screen. If you don’t have access to any of the backup recovery options, you will see a message displayed on the screen that says “Uh-oh…looks like we can’t recover your account online.”
You can try again with another phone number or email address and click on start over to restart the process. When verifying a phone number you will have to confirm if the number is yours by entering two of the missing digits. After entering the missing numbers click on submit.