The Rhodes Scholarship Application Link can be accessed at the Rhodes Scholarship website. If you are searching for the correct application link for the Rhodes Scholarship, you will find it in this very write-up.
Rhodes Scholarship Application Link
The application link for Rhodes Scholarships can be accessed through the website at http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/apply
If the scholarship program is still ongoing, you should see an “apply now” button on the website.
Rhodes Scholarship 2022/2023
The Rhodes Scholarship 2022–2023 is a fully funded scholarship for foreign or international students. This scholarship is available for master’s and Ph.D. studies and offers a living stipend (£15,144 per annum), all university and college fees, and the university application fee.
Rhodes Scholarship Coverage:
The Rhodes Scholarship provides the recipient with:
- A living stipend (£15,144 per annum);
- All University and College fees;
- 1 economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
- The University’s application fee;
The duration of the scholarship is two years, subject always to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct. Subject to an application process, the scholarship may be extended for a 3rd year for those who take a recognized route to the DPhil (Ph.D.).
Eligibility Criteria for Rhodes Scholarship 2022/2023
To qualify for a Rhodes Scholarship, a candidate must have the following requirements:
Citizenship and residency
All applicants must fulfill the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying.
Every candidate must have achieved the completion of an honors bachelor’s degree by October. Furthermore, academic standing must be high enough to gain admission to the University of Oxford, which has extremely competitive entry requirements. In Canada, a GPA of at least 3.75/4.0, or equivalent, is required.
Age limits for the scholarship vary between constituencies and range from a minimum age limit of 18 to a maximum of 28 by October 1st of the year following selection. although, in some constituencies, the age limit is 24 or 25. Kindly check carefully the specific age requirements for your constituency before applying. However, successful candidates will arrive in Oxford in October following the selection process. The scholarship may not normally be deferred.
Required Language: English
Documents Required for a Rhodes Scholarship
In broad terms, all constituencies will need the following materials in differing forms:
- Curriculum vitae/resumé/list of major activities(Ensure you do not include a photograph in your CV for this scholarship).
- Provide evidence of an undergraduate degree and any postgraduate studies (completed or in progress).
- A personal statement or essay (including, crucially, a clear statement of what the applicant wishes to study at Oxford and why).
- Have an English language proficiency test (where English is not the first language). Check the requirements here.
- Provide evidence of age or birth certificate/passport photograph.
- Provide four reference letters from appraisers who can attest in confidential references to the character and intellect of the applicant, such as academic, personal, extra-curricular, and leadership achievements (and who should never include people to whom you are related).
These are the documents you need to apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply for a Rhodes Scholarship Online
Please follow the following step-by-step procedure to apply for a Rhodes Scholarship:
- You can apply online at http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/apply via the scholarships tab.
- Submit your application online, with all supporting documents, by the deadline.
- In preparation for making your application, you should read carefully the general information, particularly that held on the Scholarships button, on the Rhodes website, the Conditions of Tenure for the Rhodes Scholarship, the info in this document, and the graduate admissions pages of the University of Oxford: ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a social engagement and a final interview. And you must be available to attend both events in person, as no accommodations can be made on the date and time, or mode, of these events. No candidate will be chosen without an interview. Travel expenses will be paid by the Rhodes Trust and will cover the round trip cost of a first-class rail ticket, except hotel expenses. International travel for those attending from overseas cannot be funded.
- All candidates will be emailed with the outcome of their application.
These are the application steps for the Rhodes Scholarship.
The Rhodes Scholarship Selection Procedure
The selection for the Rhodes Scholarship is made without regard to financial means. Also, the selection is made without regard to marital status, race, ethnic origin, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, social background, disability, caste, or other irrelevant distinctions.
However, the provision of such information in the ‘Outreach’ section of the application form is optional but helps the team to ensure that their selection processes are fair and that their outreach efforts are effective;
Furthermore, the Rhodes Scholarship is confirmed only upon successful admission to the University of Oxford. And no selection will be made if a sufficiently qualified candidate cannot be found.
What’s Next after Selection?
All successful applicants will need to apply to the University of Oxford very soon after selection. Candidates will get the complete details upon selection.
However, the full applications of successful candidates will be accessible to Rhodes House, Oxford, where the scholarship references can be re-used, if appropriate, to support the successful candidate’s subsequent application to the University of Oxford.
Moreover, all successful candidates will be encouraged to disclose, in confidence, any medical condition or special needs that may require academic or personal support in Oxford. This disclosure is entirely voluntary and is requested only to enable Rhodes House to give suitable support in Oxford and to make the transition to Oxford as smooth as possible.
Rhodes Scholarship Details
The Rhodes Scholarship Fund
Deadline: 1 August 2022 (annual)
Study in: UK
The course starts Oct 2023
How can I get a Rhodes Scholarship?
Apply for the Rhodes Scholarship by visiting their application website at http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/apply
Locate the “apply now” button.
When can I apply for Rhodes?
The U.S. Rhodes Scholarship application is available every year in early July. The application deadline this year is 11:59 PM U.S. Eastern Time on Monday, October 3. District receptions and interviews are held yearly on the Friday and Saturday preceding the Thanksgiving holiday.
Is the Rhodes Scholarship open?
Applications for the Rhodes Scholarship are currently closed. its benefits and step-by-step application process. The Rhodes Scholarship 2022–2023 is a fully funded scholarship for foreign students.
How many references do you need for a Rhodes Scholarship?
Students must supply excellent letters with five to eight references. This underscores just how incredibly competitive the award is and how necessary it is for you to write a detailed, emphatic letter in support of the candidate.