Rivers State Scholarship and Bursary Board – Requirements for the Scholarship Program | How to Apply for the Rivers State Scholarship
Rivers State Scholarship and Bursary Board are calling on all Sons and Daughter of Rivers State for the 2020 scholarship program for all undergraduate students. The state has provided a scholarship program for undergraduate students who want to achieve academic excellence in their educational carrier.
All interested applicants who want to apply should try and hurry because the RSSB will help those that would be selected for the scholarship program to fulfill their educational dream.
Table of Contents
- Rivers State Scholarship and Bursary Board.
- Rivers State Scholarship.
- Required Documents for the Rivers State Scholarship.
- Requirements for the Scholarship Program.
- Eligible Courses for the Scholarship Program.
- Eligible Communities for the Scholarship Program.
- Application Closing Date for the Rivers State Scholarship.
- How to Apply for the Rivers State Scholarship.
Rivers State Scholarship and Bursary Board
This scholarship is set up by the office of the Rivers State Government to help undergraduate students with a better education. It is designed to sponsor students that have no chance to complete their education due to no funds and a poor education system. The full education funding grant is offered to undergraduate students of from Rivers, to study at the University.
The state government has set up a scholarship aid awards to help students pay for their undergraduate degree program. The scholarship is to make a difference in your education. You will be able to maximize the college experience through service learning volunteer opportunities and internships.
Rivers State Scholarship
The state scholarship board was established during the regime of EX Governor Dr. Peter Odili in 2006. The establishment of the board was primarily to serve as the outfit for students’ financial assistance to students who are genuine Rivers state indigenes. This is a yearly scholarship program for all indigenes of Rivers state to help them meet their needs throughout their undergraduate program.
Required Documents for the Rivers State Scholarship
- A phone number.
- Birth Certificate.
- An email address.
- Admission letter.
- Certificate of state of origin.
- Certificate of the local government of origin.
- SSCE ‘O’ level certification.
- School student ID card.
Requirements for the Scholarship Program
The following are requirements for the Rivers state scholarship program. See lists below:
- Applicants must be of the best behavior and ready to learn intensively.
- Applicants must be students of any recognized university, polytechnic, and college of education.
- All applicants must be an indigene of Rivers State.
- Candidates must have (5) credits pass in WASSCE or any other results.
- Candidates must have an original copy of his/her admission letter for confirmation.
- Students are to provide their JAMB results.
- Candidates must be a 100 level undergraduate student.
Eligible Courses for the Scholarship Program
The following is a list of eligible courses approved for the Rivers State scholarship program by the state government. See the list below:
- Agricultural Engineering.
- Agricultural Science.
- Business Administration.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Computer Science.
- Computer Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Electronic Engineering.
- Environment Studies.
- Human Medicine.
- Mass Communication.
- Metallurgical/Materials Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Petroleum Engineering.
- System Engineering.
Eligible Communities for the Scholarship Program
Candidates from the listed communities below will be eligible to apply for the scholarship program. See the list below:
- Abua-Odual Local Government.
- Ahoada Local Government.
- The Ahoada East Local Government.
- Ahoada West Local Government.
- Aku Local Government.
- Akuku Toru Local Government.
- Andoni Local Government.
- Asaritoru Local Government.
- Bonny Local Government.
- Degema Local Government.
- Eleme Local Government.
- Emuoha Local Government.
- Etche Local Government.
- Gokana Local Government.
- Ikwerre Local Government.
- Khana Local Government.
- Obio-Akpor Local Government.
- Ogba-Egbema-Ndoni Local Government.
- Ogoni Local Government.
- Ogu-Bolo Local Government.
- Oguta Local Government.
- Ohaji-Egbema- Ndoni Local Government.
- Okrika Local Government.
- Opobo-Nkoro Local Government.
- Oyigbo Local Government.
- Port Harcourt Local Government.
- Tai Local Government.
Application Closing Date for the Rivers State Scholarship
The date for the Rivers State Scholarship program is yet to be confirmed.
How to Apply for the Rivers State Scholarship
- Applicants should log in to the Rivers state scholarship portal https://www.scholarship.rs.gov.ng/register.php
- Candidates must create an account with the scholarship board to obtain login details.
- Candidates should use their login details with a password to fill the application form.
- Scan and upload all required documents approved by the board.
I hope with this article you will be able to apply for the scholarship program.
Check Other Articles from this Site >>> Facebook New Dating Feature