The Screencast recording app is one of the top screen recorders in the apps store. The app is used to record activities that go on, on one’s PC, when it’s being enabled. A screencast is best for recordings on a chrome extension. So, if you want to record from the chrome extension, it is the best app for you.
However, to set up and start recording is very easy with a chrome extension. All you need to do is to browse for the app, download and install it on your PC and you’re good to go.
To find out more about the recording app, you can read the section below, although you can still read the features from the app’s download page if you want to download the app. Screencast trades in the editing options for an uncluttered desktop recording and video sharing interface.
Since it’s a Chrome extension, you can set it up in few minutes. During a recording, Screencast positions a toolbox in the lower-left corner of your browser that includes.
- Cursor settings enable you to focus bubble, add click animations.
- You can auto-hiding the cursor when it’s inactive.
- After recording, Screencast opens the video in its web player and uploads the file to your Google Drive (or saves it locally on your computer, if you’ve changed the settings).
- Users can upload to YouTube or Google Classroom, if they want, or download the video recording.
- It offers editing tools like trim, split, and merge.
These are features that come with the screencast recording app.
Follow the medium below to download and install the screen recorder on your PC.
- Go to your PC and turn it On.
- On your PC’s homepage/desktop, locate your browser and click on it.
- Type in “Screencast” and then tap on the “Enter” key.
- It will take you to the result page, where you will see different sites that, where you can get the app from. Kindly find the website that has the app and tap on it.
- Then, read the features of the app, you can also check the app’s version and how many MB it will cost before downloading.
- If you’re Ok with the features you see, press on the “Download” button and follow the onscreen directives to install the apk on your PC.
The steps above will guide you through how to get the screencast app on your computer.
How to Record a Screencast
To use the apk, kindly download and install it, select what you want to capture, enable or disable webcam and microphone capture, and then, tap on record. Here are the detailed steps on how to record using the app;
- Tidy up your screen if you’re going to be showing it off in your recording. What do I mean by tidy up your screen? You may want to get rid of distracting desktop wallpaper and ensure you disable notifications. Also, you would not like to have your email notification chime go off right in the middle of you talking through an otherwise perfect demo recording.
- If your screencast will take more than a few seconds long, it’s a good idea to script what you’re going to do onscreen and/or what you’re going to say.
- Record your screen. Go ahead and choose what part of the screen you’d like to record.
- The system audio and microphone are recorded by default. So, to record the audio, tap on the audio dropdown to select your microphone or audio device.
- Make changes to your recording. If there are places you made a mistake you can trim unwanted parts out of your recording. You can also spruce up your audio if you want.
- Save and share your screencast. After recording and editing, you are now free to share your records.
However, you can choose to send your video straight to the web or produce it as a local file (mp4 file) to your PC.