Have you ever heard of SEO Content Writing? Any word typed into a search engine is referred to as a keyword. When you type in a keyword to search on any search engine, results would be displayed from different websites that have used such keywords in any of their articles. Those websites have employed the tactics of SEO by putting the possible keyword into their articles.
This is to make their websites pop up when these keywords are searched, thereby creating a possible chance of you visiting their websites and possibly checking out other articles on them. The more visitors to the websites they get, the higher their ranking on search engines.
What is SEO Content Writing
SEO Content Writing is a type of SEO Tool. There are several other SEO Tools and they are Keywords, Backlinks, Domain, Ranking, Traffic, Social media, and Provider. SEO Content Writing is a strategic, unique but excellent editorial form of writing that helps websites become more visible to major search engines. A very visible website with good content would appear on the first few pages of search engine results. And the higher a website ranks in search engines, the more visitors the website gets/attract. This, in turn, means more sales (for business websites), more readers or fans.
SEO Content Writing Tips
Website content should contain keywords to match possible search queries. Keywords should be placed in titles or headers, in the tags or description of the content as it is important in making your website more visible. Your content should not just be about the keywords only. It should also be interesting, captivating, unique, related and useful in order to rank highly in organic search results. There are technics and guidelines on SEO Content Writing and we are all too willing to share some tips with you on this guide.
What is SEO
So, What is SEO? What does it mean? What are its uses? These and many other questions you must have asked. You have come to the right place to get your questions answered. SEO is an acronym. It simply means Search Engine Optimization. SEO is a practice or process of increasing the quantity and quality of website traffic by obtaining a high-ranking placement in the Search Engine Result Page (SERP). This states that you strategically with technical and tactical methods increase the visibility of your websites. Increasing visibility means increasing the number of visitors to your website.
What is SEO and How it Works
SEO is an important tool in the arsenal of a freelance writer. SEO is making sure the contents of your write-ups on your website are readable, understandable and easy to find using search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, and other search engines. There are various types of SEO. They are Mobile SEO, Local SEO, Off-Page SEO, Content SEO, On-Page SEO, Technical SEO, and eCommerce SEO. On-page, Off-page and Technical SEO are the most important.
Guidelines on SEO Content Writing
There are several guidelines, techniques and opinions suggested everywhere on the internet. Here, we have taken the time to select the best and useful tips and guidelines, which we can tell you, are very effective in SEO Content Writing. Read through the listed tips below.
- Firstly get your keyword. This can be done by researching the keyword(s) people are searching for. You can also draft a spreadsheet for this.
- Incorporate your keyword(s) into your content. Do not fill your content with too much of it. Always include your keywords in your title, one of the first two headers and in the first three hundred (300) words. Try not to crowd your content with your forced keywords.
- Try to write something that people care about. If people do not care about what your content is about, then it is of irrelevance to them. Make sure your content adds value to your readers.
- Try to make your content long enough to count. Long content tends to be preferred by search engines. Make it at least six hundred (600) words.
- Try to make your content unique. Avoid duplicates of other works in your content.
- Know your audience as a target. This would help in the structure and editorial of your content.
- Make sure to incorporate imagery. This would make your content look more interesting and less complex.
- Make headlines that make big impressions. Let your headers be captivating enough to engage the interest of the reader.
- Try not to divert too much from the keyword.
- Edit your work. Check your spelling and grammar usage. Nothing gets a reader uninterested more quickly than incoherent writing and words. The use of plagiarism checkers would go a long way too.
- And lastly, do not write your content like an essay. Avoid the use of big complex words and sentences. As readers would lose interest in such.
Having gone through these guidelines and tips, you are sure on your way to writing good SEO Content. With practice and consistency, you would soon become a great SEO Content Writer.