Shell Livewire Youth Program is calling on all interested applicants for the 2021 livewire program which is conducted for all Niger Delta to help the youth grow. Shell (SPDC) Livewire program is now accepting applications from qualified Nigerians for the 2021 program.
They have structured their economic development program to enable communities and individuals to increase their income and improve their standard of living.
Shell Livewire Youth Program
This program is to help the youth own their business after graduating from school. In our society today most graduate finds it difficult to get jobs due to the poor job opportunity in Nigeria.
Shell Livewire is a flagship of our youth enterprise development program. The initiative was launched in Nigeria on March 27, 2003, to provide access to entrepreneurship training, business development service as well as business start-up capital for youth-owned businesses. The program also provides an opportunity for beneficiaries to access funds from financial institutions.
Livewire Aims in Nigeria
The aims of the Livewire program in Nigeria are to:
- Raise business awareness amongst students to make them start a business career option.
- This will assist youths to discover and develop business ideas through bright ideas workshops.
- To run awards for the best business plans.
- To run an award for young people who have sustained a business for 2 to 3 years.
- They provide a volunteer mentoring program for those who have completed the training course.
- They target Beneficiaries youths in the age of 18 to 30 years.
- To print and provide information on youth enterprise at Livewire Resource Center.
All that you have just read here tell you about the aims of the livewire program in Nigeria.
Benefits of Shell Livewire Youth Program
There are benefits attached to the scholarship program and they are listed below:
- They help young graduates with a business plan.
- They gave a course program for all interested candidates.
- To provide good opportunities for Shell Employees Volunteering Program.
If you are searching for the benefits, there they are above.
Eligible State for the Program
The program is for only Niger Delta State which will be listed below:
- Delta State.
- Bayelsa State.
- Port-Harcourt State.
- Edo State.
- Uyo State.
- Calabar State.
For eligibility, here they are.
Eligible Criteria for the Shell Livewire Nigeria Program
Below is the list of eligibility criteria for the Shell Livewire Program.
- Applicants must be indigenes of the Niger Delta States.
- Candidates must be 18-35 years of age.
- Applicants must possess a University Degree or HND Degree.
- They must own and manage a business.
- Candidates must have passed out from their NYSC program.
- Must not be working in any organization.
- Must be residents in their states of origin.
Above are the eligibility criteria for the livewire Nigeria program.
How to Apply for the Program
To apply to the Livewire program applicants are to follow the steps listed below:
- Applicants should log on to the Livewire portal.
- Fill the form that will appear on your screen.
- Fill the required box in the application and click on submit.
- Selected applicants will be contacted for the training.
Note: The Shell Livewire recruitment form 2021 is not yet out. But you will receive information on the application. I hope with this article you will be able to apply for the Livewire program.