The Call for Entries for the 2021 Hillman Foundation Prizes for Investigative Journalism in the USA is now open. There is no fee to enter. There is no limit to the number of entries the same outlet may enter.
Recommended for You >>> MTN Youth Skilling Program 2021: Requirements, Eligibility Criteria’s And Application
The contest is open to journalists and subjects globally, although work must have been intended for and be widely accessible to a U.S. audience. As an individual, you may nominate your own work or someone else’s. Also, applications can be done on your own, or be entered by your organization.
Sidney Hillman Foundation Prize for Investigative Journalism in USA 2021
Since 1950, the Sidney Hillman Foundation has honored journalists, writers, and public figures that pursue investigative journalism and also public policy in service of the common good.
Sidney Hillman was the founding president of the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America, a predecessor union of Workers United, SEIU.
Sidney Hillman, an architect of the New Deal, fought to build a vibrant union movement extending beyond the shop floor to all aspects of working people’s lives.
Deadline of Application
The deadline for application is January 30, 2021.
Worth of Prize/Award
Winners of the prize award are to be awarded travel to New York City to receive a $5,000 prize and a certificate at the Sidney Hillman awards ceremony.
To join the contest, applicants must be in any of the following categories;
- Book (bound volumes and eBooks)
- Newspaper Journalism (story or series/in print or online)
- Magazine Journalism (story or series/in print or online)
- Broadcast Journalism (story/series/documentary at least 20 minutes in total package length that has aired on television, radio or podcast)
- Web Journalism (story, series or multimedia not in print. Multimedia projects may include text, photo, video, graphics)
- Opinion & Analysis Journalism (any medium) Includes all types of advocacy, opinion, commentary, and analysis, normally short-form and/or frequent, regardless of medium. Open to newspaper and magazine columnists, TV and radio presenters, podcasters, blogs, and bloggers.
If you fall in any of the categories listed above, then you can apply for the contest.
How to Apply
Follow the instructions below;
- To apply for the contest, kindly click on the box at the bottom of the Hillman webpage.
- Then you will find a category-specific instruction to go through as well as a textbox to use and enter your cover letter.
- You may upload files, provide URL’s or/and mail copies of their office but you must fill out the form or your entry will not be recorded.